How to reply to- "just wait on Jehovah".

by runForever 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    If you found a Catholic in service and exhaustively showed him from the Bible all the things that were wrong with the Catholic church, only to have him say "I'm just going to have to wait on Jesus to fix things" what do you day to that?

Are you serious? Does the fact that a Catholic is willing to overlook the faults in his own religion make it right for a Jehovah's Witness to ignore the faults in his own religion?

"The other guy does it too" has never been an excuse, even less so in this case, as the Watchtower has criticised the Catholic church more  than any other religion, acting as if they are so much better, the only true and good religion. 

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jay Elle, NICE!!! 

All these comments are great. Combine them all with the fact the Bible never says to sit around on your ass and expect good things to happen. It certainly NEVER says to allow bad to flourish through negligence. 

Doing jack-shit and looking the other way is why the WTBTS is being sued. If only the GB would read the Bible. 😝

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Are you serious? Does the fact that a Catholic is willing to overlook the faults in his own religion make it right for a Jehovah's Witness to ignore the faults in his own religion?

My point was that this effectively shows their hypocrisy - an unwillingness to act on evidence that they don't have the truth, but they won't recognize the validity of the same excuse used by someone of another faith.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

There is no Scriptural requirement to "wait on Jehovah". Evidently these words do not appear in the Bible.

"Wait on Jehovah" - Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY search

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

But the term "wait for God":

(Psalm 42:5) . . .Why am I in despair? Why is this turmoil within me? Wait for God, For I will yet praise him as my Grand Savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit