Most Annoying "Kingdom song?"

by doodle-v 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

What's a kingdom song you can remember singing that gives you the creeps now? Mine is "Move Ahead" i think that was the title, anyway it has so much rhetoric... but the tune is so darn catchy.... darn.... In my opinion, those songs are the perfect example of mind control.

move ahead.. move ahead ... blah blah blah blah blah

did anyone elses parents only allow kindom songs on the way to assemblies?

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, that move ahead song was horrid. By the end of it, I was ready to scream.

How about the "Death Metal" song... where it starts out all Angry with dark piano beats... DARK DAYS ARE HERE... MAN LIVES IN FEAR... BLA BLA BLA. BLA..

Then, suddenly goes

"but the bible is so happy!!!"

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LMAO

I totally remember that one too! jeeeeeze! that one makes me shiver!!

i remember one CO wanted all the brothers to sing the "dark days are here" part and the sisters to sing the "but the bible gives us a reason for cheer part" and after the meeting everyone was like "wasnt that just wonderful?" (gag!!)

• shamus
    shamus

LMAO, LMAO, LMAO!!!

The same thing happened in our cong!!!!!! Sick!!!! Like, is that supposed to be cool? Seriously, WTF?

I used to sing "Opera" at halls that I was visiting, freaking the freaks out. That is, if there were no good looking girls there that I was interested in....

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I remember one time we were singing and somehow they started the tape at the wrong part, so everyone got totally lost. It was hilarious!! Some people kept trying to sing.. and finally the po got on the podium and said "ok, uhh well just end the song there mkay?" LOL

• shamus
    shamus

LOL!

Witnesses can be so stupid. Ever have the wrong song playing and everyone still tried to muddle their way through it? I was personally responsible for this happening on more than one occasion when I was a good boy. (Sound Geek) You know, the arse who turned up the volume, assigned the mic boys, yada yada yada..... the elders just laughed.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LMAO

oh yeah, all the time, i dont know why someone just didnt shout out "HEY!! SOUND GEEK! THATS THE WRONG SONG!

remember the "victory song?"

pharoh's (sp) chariots and his military forces he has cast intoooo theee seaaaa

blah blah blah

some dork would alway try to sing that one EXTRA LOUD to prove how spiritual he was

wasnt it just torture to sit next to Brother "cant carry a tune?" or worse Sister CANTSING?

• shamus
    shamus

When I lived in B.C. for a while, these two older sisters used to sing off key and out of tune.. also, they were either behind / ahead of the music. Never on key. They were the worst singers I ever, ever heard.

Also, there were a few people who used to sing extra loud... those are the ones I would sing "opera" around. It's some strange talent of mine - even when I was little. I can belt tunes out like pavoratti, but, of course not as good.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

every last one of them

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

the PO gave a talk once about singing, and he gave counsel basically saying that the cong wasnt singing lound enough, he pointed the illustration in the back of the song book that showed the Israelites singing saying how they were putting there hearts into it. Needless to say everyone took it to heart.. the next song at that meeting was absolute torture for me 'cause no one in our hall could sing.

I would always draw dark eyebrows and big tongues on the men singing in the back of the songbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit