100+ Of The Great Canadian Rock Artists Of All Time!

by Atlantis 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I know about 12 on the list, Atlantis. Heart from Canada -- think US?

Another Canadian who thought she was pop/rock Shania Twain - (cross over) great concert and I was no fan. Hey, where's Anne Murray? Guess Who -- brings back memories and ole Gordon Lightfoot - world's most boring concert but I listened to that stuff. Sarah McLachlan - very talented. Some serious talent in Canada.

Ooops - Anne Murray no rocker.

• RolRod
    RolRod

You forgot

Chilliwack and Headpins

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Atlantis- I like Alanis Morrisette, but Im a very simple man. :)

BTW, everyone knows the Bee Gees are Aussies- well, we claim them anyway.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I remember almost every one of those names from all the posters above!

Brings back some good memories!

Why don't we belly up and have a cold one over at the EXJW BAR & GRILL!

I am buying!

Atlantis!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I could only count only 10 on that list of 100+30 ,and joey jojo beat me to it ,we aussies have a laneway of Bee Gees celebrating them in Redcliffe S.E.Qld where they grew up and went to school

• JeffT
    JeffT

Heart is from Seattle.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'll admit you've got a solid top 10 although I cannot believe Leonard Cohen is only no. 10!!!!😳

For me it's a battle between Leonard Cohen, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell for the no.1 spot. With The Band coming in a very strong 4 (the guitarist is lower down the list so I presume he was a solo artist which I didn't know)

I also LOVE Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette, like most women of my generation!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Alex Lifeson, the guitarist for Rush, has some new solo stuff coming out. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV-IZRh22mo

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

And even more great artists are listed above. There were times we heard a song and didn't know the artist, but still loved the music.

One of the greatest things about listening to music was the feeling that just for a minute or two, we were free from the prison of the Tower, and could free our minds.

We could dream a little and we could hope a little, and music helped to take away the stress even if it was for a short time.

Thanks for the names and videos!

Atlantis!

• Incognito
    Incognito

As with some of the preceeding, the genre may not necessarily always fit within ROCK, other Canadian notables include: (in no particular order)

Michael Bublé

Shawn Mendes

Carly Rae Jepsen

Glass Tiger

Alessia Cara

Serena Ryder

Kim Mitchell

David Wilcox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit