Can God do everything? Can he sin?

by James Mixon 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    God lies by proxy. He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

If God has free will then why can't he sin?

If he doesn't have free will then how can he be God?

If he does have free will but is unable to sin, then why didn't he make humans to be the same way so as to avert suffering and death?

If he made humans with free will and the ability to sin - instead of making them to be without the ability to sin, like himself - then is he not ultimately responsible for sin?

Thus God's nature as a being with free will who is unable to sin, contradicts the JW teaching that free will necessitates the possibility of sin, and calls into question the quality of God's human and angelic creation and makes him ultimately responsible for all the problems that have resulted from the sinning of intelligent beings.

If a human inventor were to create an autonomous artificially intelligent robot capable of independent decision making and initiating its own actions with no design checks in place to prevent it from choosing to initiate harmful actions, is the inventor free from blame when the robot decides to kill an innocent person?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - KJV

Wouldn't the biggest sin of all be to create evil in the first place?
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Heaven: OK that said it all," He create evil".
  • mana11
    mana11

is Sin not relative to who is controlling you?. no control no sin.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Sounds like the OP needs to go see Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice because it directly answers this question.
    I was thinking this but couldn't quite remember the quote. but thanks to google...
    Lex Luthor: God is tribal, God takes sides! If God is all-powerful He can not be good, if God is good He can not be all-powerful!
  • Zoos
    Zoos

If god wrote this:

New International Version - James 4:17
    "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them."

... then yes, he can sin.

• Heaven
    Heaven

James said: Heaven: OK that said it all," He create evil".

I do not understand why anyone would want to worship an entity that did this. It boggles my mind.

Edited to add: Zoos, another good scripture find.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Joke-hova always sins against mankind and the earth. It cannot, however, sin against itself. When its own rule is that it owns the earth and everyone on it, when its own rule entitles it to plundering everything and everyone, when its own rule allows that thing to enslave the whole earth and destroy innocent beings for minding their own business and make everything miserable for all, doing so is not a "sin" against yourself even if it is a huge crime against humanity.

And yes, it is possible for joke-hova to lie. It does this all the time through the whole damnation book known as a bible, and those lies are not mere white lies. They are designed to enslave all mankind and get anyone that tries to stand up for the human race to be pushed aside by everyone else. I strongly suggest anyone to not abide by that damnation book for advice and inspiration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit