Can God do everything? Can he sin?

by James Mixon 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Reading this and it made me think, God cannot do everything. God is holy and He cannot

sin. The bible tells us He cannot lie. He cannot stop being God, He cannot deny

Himself, nor does He tempt anyone with evil.

This may sound absurd and a illogical challenge and meaningless, but he can do bad

things. He did send a plague to discipline His people and the flood.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    As a non believer, I blame men for the murder god supposedly sanctioned. As for plague and all those things, I don't believe a god did it. As for the flood, I think you'll find, there really isn't any real evidence for a global flood. It's just fairy tales. Just my opinion.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Can god make a Bolder so big he cant Lift it?

:)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lets say the God of the Bible, I'am a non believer also but using the Bible as a foundation

for your discussion with a believer.

ttdtt: Yes I thought that was interesting "can God make a Bolder so big he can't lift it".

• coalize
    coalize

It's the concept of Almighty God who's impossible. The same logic prove omniscience is impossible.

If god exist, he can't be Almighty and he can't be omniscient! :)

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Don anything? The God of the Bible can't even defeat with iron chariots!

"Now the LORD was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots." (Judges 1:19)

• AnneB
    AnneB

Isn't that what's called a false dilemma?

Perhaps "sin" is a "human" concept thus not applicable to "God."

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    A different way to look at this is - if there is a god - is this the best he can do?
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Sounds like the OP needs to go see Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice because it directly answers this question.
  • Simon
    Simon

Anyone who claims not to lie is normally lying. God's are no exception to this rule.

Everything else a liar claims is built on a false foundation and can be discounted - can't lie becomes all powerful becomes omniscient but all fall over like dominos when you realize the "can't lie" bit is just a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit