NOW it's Important

by TheLiberator 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

I can't write as good a reply as Mr. Flipper did but I can echo his statement. Being " spiritual " in JW terminology had nothing to do with how kind, compassionate, or loving a person was- it had everything to do with the amount of hours turned in, how many times they answered at meetings, or how regular they attended meetings.

So it boils down to ego. That's your reward you get the respect but not the love. You serve and ultimately you wind up with nothing.

Liberator mentioned: I have spent 45 years of my life sacrificing my soul to the Watchtower. Twenty-five of those years as a MS/Elder. I gave every moment to them.

Why? I thought the objective was to serve the heavenly father and his son. Instead you served a faulty man made publishing house with grand pretensions.

I have a couple relatives that have been in the "truth" for years, but either did nothing in the organization............... . Two of these individuals were fire captains. Lived at the station for a couple of weeks each month. Of course, they missed meetings, service, and didn't qualify for privileges due to schedule. There wives did not need to work. They got all the benefits. Decent pay, medical, bonus packages, and retirement.

Let me get this straight they spent their lives serving their community by saving lives and property. Being on call for weeks at a time. They were the ones who ran into the burning building looking for a kid hiding under the bed. You were the guy across the street trying to get someone to take a cheesy WT publication. Or as an Elder snooping around to get some dirt on a baptized JW?

And your pissed at them???

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

You are preaching to the choir LIBERATOR...we know and feel your pain. The thing that is most maddening is that after all we've done and been through, to current JW's, none of it matters and it's as if we don't even exist. It's much the same as how an older person feels when some members of the younger generation come along and treat them as if nothing existed before they came onto the scene.

At least with the Internet and these forums, we can air our grievances so to speak. Imagine how it was for the thousands upon thousands of former JW's in our position a decade or more ago. They had to fade into the woodwork or resort to becoming "loud crazy apostates" just to have a voice.

We were oblivious to the JW's that went before us who threw their lives away slaving for the Watchtower and there are many current JW's slaving away now who will be in the same position in the years to come. The organization is a revolving door of individuals just coming in.....individuals caught up in the spin of activity or who are just along for the ride.....and individuals being spit out the other side.

This "organization" is being run by "victims" of the "organization". They have slaved for the organization all of their lives, worked their way up through the ranks and must now keep it going in order to sustain themselves in their old age.

I think, in order to keep from becoming bitter, it's probably best to focus on the momentary benefits that were gained when we were involved in Watchtower activities. Even if it was only a feeling of satisfaction or purpose or time we enjoyed in the company of others involved in what we thought was an important mission. That was then....this is now...we know better now....so the only thing left to do is to do the best we can within our own personal circumstances and be grateful that it wasn't worse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If an organization or business which certain people are living off from provides food, shelter, clothing. medical and dental care, cars to drive with insurance. lets you travel all around the world and greeted as a noted celebrity and there is an endless amount of money to which to can use. which this year will be in the hundreds of millions.

ummmm ??? It becomes obvious why these elderly men who probably don't have any other source of retirement income would strive to keep this organization going to what this organization is offering to them.

So yes the alluring coercion, the deceptive lying and corruption will continue because when these guys die off there's assumingly going to be men standing at the door who will gladly to over their privileged and secure positions.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I have spent 45 years of my life sacrificing my soul to the Watchtower. Twenty-five of those years as a MS/Elder. I gave every moment to them. Even if no one was going to show up for service on New Year's day, I was there to take the lead.

My wife and I went out many Saturday mornings on our own after meeting for field service with the group and no one was going out. I've gone in service on many Christmas and New year's days along with many evenings.

I never reached out for a position as an servant or elder. I did pioneer from school.

I have found that those who seemed to be the weaker ones when I was young and were pursuing more schooling better jobs fast cars or being reproved for immorality are still in and some serving as elders today.

I'm glad I am where I am.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Living upon an delusion of wanting desire alone is never going to be a good human sociological endeavor .

One of the poignantly self supporting corruption that came out of the WTS is that mankind was supposedly living in the last days and a new order created by god was soon to come to replace the old system of things here on earth.

Well that may of been an advantageous expressive ideology from a publishing house to make in its inherent agenda to proliferate its literature to the public but it was tritely in avoidance of reality., which unfortunately created many sociology and physiological problems for people who became allured and entrapped believers to this propagation.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

BEST POST EVER Liberator, sincere thanks for sharing. Please take care and make the rest of you life the best of your life. I'm trying to and have found my stress level and blood pressure to have improved immensely since DA'ing. I was in on and off a little under 10 years converted on my own and thought I was privy to true 'Bible Study' There were many red flags that came up along the way but the 7 trumpets blasts ( hot air ) of revelation pointing to seven assemblies over a 7 year period in the WT history was too much. I realized that I had been duped then and there. Tried to salvage what I could a little longer but gradually became disillusioned and faded, then DA'ed after years of floundering. thanks to the ARC and the BlueDot.org I'm a second generation owner of a small machine and tooling works, came close to loosing all due to the brainwashing. Good luck mate and take care love you buddy we're here for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit