Did You Feel That You Were Being Controlled WHILE You Were A Witness?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Controlled= con+trolled

Yes we were con(ned) (persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception)

Yes were trolled (to try to catch fish by pulling a baited line through the water behind a boat:)

just saying!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I have to say that I personally did not feel controlled when I was in, not in mind anyway. We were more controlled by the schedule of meetings, talks, field service, assemblies etc, but not the mind control JWs are subject to today. I think that back in the 70s there was a lot more intellectual freedom, and I can remember many a discussion with some of the more independently minded witnesses, where we would often disagree with the official line, and there was never any sanction. In fact, I would say that those (and there were a few) who swallowed 100% of everything that appeared in a book or a Watchtower, were considered odd, even a bit simple.

zeb - you highlight a very good point, I too observed that born-ins always seemed to display the worst behaviours. Their hypocrisy was difficult to defend, especially to non-believing members of my family who were able to witness it first hand.

• Giordano
    Giordano

To answer the question....of course I felt controlled by the WTBTS Corporation. However I did have the self control to ignore their most stupid beliefs. Thank You Eric Hoffer and his book The True Believer.

All mass movements rank obedience with the highest virtues and put it on a level with faith.

There can be no mass movement without some deliberate misrepresentation of facts.
    A MASS MOVEMENT CAN BE RECKLESS WITH THE HEALTH, WELFARE AND EDUCATION OF IT’S FOLLOWERS.
    That last one says it all!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Weird; I got a "dislike" on my post.

It doesn't bother me all that much, but I can't imagine what there might have been in the post to "dislike", and no one said why.

I've been occasionally getting that a bit, lately...

..."dislikes" without reasons why.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Vidiot Just keep sharing ,different strokes for different folks. Chin up mate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit