Who has more Zeal, wt or Isis?

by prologos 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35260475 Would a jw shun, treat as dead, with contempt his own mother for her attempt to have him leave the wt religion?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I'd pretty much say that Isis has way more zeal that the WT. Even if the GB had their own way I don't think they would kill. They might imprison maybe, but not kill. They're not that crazy.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

If and I mean a very big IF , the IS state did in fact carry out this atrocity , it is just one of many atrocity` s .

When are the powers that be , which includes the USA ,UK ,and there allies , going to exercise there authority , and once and for all put an end to this murderous bloodthirsty ,barbaric ,organization and wipe them out forever .

They obviously have the power , but not the will to do so ....So much for Western Democracy ,the USA as the leader of the free world , and her allies to back her up .Such as the UK , France , and Australia.

How pitiful

You have to come to the conclusion that they are happy to leave things as they are without a resolution.

All they are doing is keeping the status Quo.,.Content to let IS do what it want in their own land , just so long as they don`t try it on our territory .

smiddy

• Ozman
    Ozman
    When I was a JW child, my mum told me she would rather let me die than for me to have blood transfusion. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one. When I left the org I was as good as dead to my family.
  • prologos
    prologos

an hour ago
    Ozman : When I was a JW child, my mum told me she would rather let me die than for me to have blood transfusion.

The calculated cruelty seems extreme to our values, but I linked this BBC/ap story to show the parallel between the shunning custom of the wt arrangement and the Isis methods. The banishment, shunning, disfellowshipping, extreme cutoff between so close blood ties over minor, fleeting doctrine, procedure differences makes just as much sense. What a way to honour your mother. Ideally wt wants his adherents to have the same devotion to them that this young man or rather coward displayed, Big Man, shooting a captive, his mother no less, . big man. wt cowards too, in failure to allow free debate, defend their history, their current "truth",their injustices. symbolically try, advocate to kill, silence their exposers instead.

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds

Isis! when was the the last time you saw a jw blowing them self up at cart witnessing

A jw would be luck if they ever got blown

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Many parallels between ISIS and JWs. But I have to give ISIS the upper hand. Beheadings, blowing themselves and others up, on TV
  • prologos
    prologos

BS: "-"But I have to give ISIS the upper hand.-" agreed, but why is that? do their members have more faith in their after life, paradise doctrines? are the 70 virgins more inviting then a no marriage, panda petting only paradise?

Has not blondie dug up at least one article where it is implied that the only hinderance to wt stile executions of apostates is the laws of "caesar". The unfortunate mother was termed an apostate to merit the sons' bullet.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good question in the OP and I genuinely don't known the answer. Videos of ISIS brutality completely overshadow everything. I'd say that the zeal of WT & ISIS are roughly equal, based on the willingness of JWs to refuse blood and the willingness of ISIS loons to kill for their religious beliefs.

Has not blondie dug up at least one article where it is implied that the only hinderance to wt stile executions of apostates is the laws of "Caesar". - yes, I'm sure she has. Also, hasn't the WT said in the past that capital punishment for things like adultery and homosexuality occurs in 'theocratic nations'? If this is the case, why is the WT so reluctant to live in 'theocratic nations' today? Why is it content to live in 'immoral' nations and snipe from the sidelines?

I guess it pays not to analyse these matters too deeply.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    ISIS fuckin chops off heads for god so I gotta give this award to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit