Parking Attendant Training Videos

by Jofi_Wofo 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I know that all of the assembly/convention attendant training videos have been leaked publicly, but has anyone gotten a hold of the parking training videos?

I saw these about a year and a half ago, when I was still PIMO. As bizarre and manipulative as the attendant video series is, the parking videos put them to shame. It's nothing more than recruitment propoganda, presenting the parking department as a cult-within-a-cult. The parking brothers supposedly form a special bond with one another that lasts a lifetime.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I enjoyed some parking jobs. partly because the head was a good guy.

I love the waving, pointing traffic directors ( not). And parking cars so you are trying to get your stuff while the next car is taking your door off.

I have had my wheelchair passenger with placard displayed put way out there, in tight spots, and in lots with no ramps, just square curbs. A brother told me they didn't plan or want the disabled and put in the minimum spots required by law.

I wanted but never got the convertible or motorcycle job. I did get a borrowed mc for night patrol with the ONLY set of keys at a fairground back when we camped

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember the Tacoma dome parking scandal. I did not like the way they have you park you car. They have you park having cars block you from leaving. You had to wait maybe 30 min or longer so a car blocking you would leave. I always had last years or many years ago the old parking windshield pass card. They would just wave me in anyway.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Yes, it's in the Pegasus somewhere and I'll have to did it out. Sometimes I get deep inside that thing with all the archives and have to call a cab get get me back home.

There are archives in it 4 and 5 deep. One archive leads you to another and another and....well, you get the picture. It holds 80 Terabytes but I'll never fill it up in my lifetime. I think that video was in Spanish.

I'll see if I can find it and send you a download link.

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Convention Parking Training Video

There is a long wait at the beginning of the video and it is in Spanish.

Atlantis!
  • Overrated
    Overrated

I remember working parking at Dodger Stadium back in the day when they would charge 8 to 10 bucks per car for parking. You know they made a bundle.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Overrated:

You said it! And then some!

Atlantis!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I remember the Tacoma dome parking scandal. I did not like the way they have you park you car.

I was at a JW family gathering last week and someone was talking about zoom meetings and how there wouldn't be a District Convention this year. A non JW family member began laughingly reminiscing about an incident he created when his JW wife convinced him to go to the Tacoma Dome for an assembly. The JW family, looking nervously from one to the other, listened to his tale.

This guy is around 40...a nice guy...very tall and stocky, a bit rough around the edges, has a booming voice and is not at all shy. Despite his macho appearance, he has a bit of claustrophobia. Consequently being in a crowd makes him nervous. He purposely sat on the aisle and put books on the seat beside him so that he'd have plenty of room around himself. After the 1st session was over he went out to stretch his legs and when he returned to his seat, a sister had moved his books and was sitting in the extra seat he had next to him.

Him: What the hell are you doing lady ??

Her: (not accustomed to being called out like this at an assembly) "I noticed during the last session that you have two seats so I'm sitting here now since you're not using this seat."

Him: Like hell you are...you moved my belongings put em' back now !

The embarrassed JW wife intervened and explained to the offending "Sister" that her husband isn't a JW. The JW woman dutifully scurried off, not wanting to stumble an unbeliever.

The second session began and the JW wife who has M.S. started having medical issues. They rushed her out to their car but it was completely blocked in because of the way they had parked everyone end to end. When the Parking Attendants arrived they expected a compliant JW who would call a cab or ride in the back of the Janitorial van one of them offered. Instead the non JW raised holy hell and told the attendants that he paid to park there and since they parked him in this crazy way, that he expected them to have a backup plan. He told them he was calling the cops and a tow truck if they didn't figure out a way to get his vehicle out in the next few minutes. Fortunately for them the attendants recognized the surrounding vehicles and were able to locate the owners and get them moved.

It never occurs to them that the directives they get from headquarters might not work in every situation. Nevertheless, I'm sure at the next Parking Attendants meeting, instead of coming up with a less dangerous (and less profitable) parking situation, they discussed how to deal with non compliant people of the world.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wish the parking attendant videos would cover the parking lot scandals.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/66723/tacoma-dome-parking-scandal

While it was exposed in Tacoma, I remember how they collected money at the Kingdom Hall for parking passes and then let people park without them in another place, because they weren't supposed to charge for parking unless there was a deal with the stadium, which already had to concede the use of food concessions.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

unless there was a deal with the stadium, which already had to concede the use of food concessions

I remember at the Kingdome, (yes Kingdome). There was 1 or 2 worldly concessions that were opened. There was no one eating at them, even though thousands of brothers passed by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit