OMG....the watchtardedness of the CLAM. ( Cult Lies and Manipulation )

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Something I realized years after my fade... if an idea needs constant, unrelenting reinforcement no matter what, it's probably bullshit.**

Vidiot;

Same thing crossed my mind a few times too!!!!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Excellent, Blondie, thank you!

And Data-Dog, BRILLIANT & BEST "CLAM" definition ever!!

"Cult Lies And Manipulation"!!!!!!

Sometimes I used to wonder how Jehovah could be so *mean* about so many things and treat people & innocent animals so horribly. Of course, it all had some grander purpose & explanation that my mortal, imperfect mind could never fully understand....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said vidiot!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    sandya day agoBut I thought Jehovah would make the rocks speak if need be?
    Sandy the rocks would have to do it of their own free will though.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This and so many other facets of the bible only make sense when it is remembered that the history of the Israelites was redacted and retold through the lens of its editors.

The quest for racial purity and 'separateness' felt by the bible's redactors comes out as 'exhortation' by God to not allow foreign wives; thus, they explain away the 'current' exile (major redaction is thought to have happened from 700 to 400 BCE) as being due to allowing foreign wives, worshipping other gods, etc.

The bible is so much easier to understand when it is understood as later bible writers retrojecting themes back onto oral history, to explain what they saw as the reasons for its troubles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit