Congregation Judicial Hearing Centres (Kangaroo Courts)

by Slidin Fast 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So, now it's official. The only use for Kingdom Halls in England is for judicial committee hearings. Meetings? No. Groups? No. Field service meetings? No. Food distribution centres? Don't be silly. Community usage? Don't even ask. This is a direct quote from recent instructions to elders now in circulation.

* 12. Kingdom Halls: Regardless of direction from secular authorities, the Kingdom Hall should not be used for any meetings (except what is outlined in paragraph 18) until further direction is received from the branch office. 

18. Judicial Matters: (Not Scotland and Wales) Judicial matters, including reinstatement hearings, may be handled at the Kingdom Hall. However, please note the following important points:
    Such love! Only in Jehovah's loving organisation.
  • sir82
    sir82

In the US, Kingdom Halls can't even be used for judicial meetings. All DF issues are "held in abeyance" until further notice.

Of course JWs continue to commit "grave sins" at the same rate as before, so there is a building backlog of cases that are kind of in limbo. There is a growing number of JWs who are still technically "in good standing" but have a looming judicial committee meeting coming in 3? 6? 9? 12? more? months.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Such love! Only in Jehovah's loving organisation.''

Absolutely. You can't find love like this anywhere but in the Borg.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Another interesting comment (I don’t have to hand) was that disfellowshipped people should be allowed access to zoom meetings “if they have been attending meetings regularly”. This would seem to suggest that disfellowshipped people who had not been attending meetings at the time the pandemic struck are not welcome to begin attending now. Is that the situation? Another loving provision, if so, that will undoubtedly endear the organization yet more among any who have been shunned but are entertaining thoughts about going back.

Edit: no the comment was about only allowing disfellowshipped people access to the assembly material if they attend regularly.

But they do sound cautious about letting disfellowshipped people into zoom meetings.

Good judgment is required in determining whether to permit a disfellowshipped or disassociated person to connect to the meetings. If needed, the elders should remind him of when it would be appropriate to join and to leave such meetings.”
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

While I do believe that the Corona crisis has helped facilitate some of the Org’s longer-term plans....

...I still can’t shake the feeling that such a dramatic reordering of The Way Things Are Done has still really thrown them off-kilter. 😅

Utra-conservative groups don’t handle drastic change well at all.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Utra-conservative groups don’t handle drastic change well at all."

Also the G.B. have never been prescient, and never been good at planning ahead really, and seem less so in the last decade or so.

I think they must be floundering as to what the best things to do are, for them of course, not the average JoBo, they have always seemed to me to be firing too late, at a moving Target. Now that problem is worse than they have ever known, I doubt they know what the present, yet alone the future, Targets should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit