School bus driver accused of telling boy he would go to hell because of moms.

by ToesUp 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
  • Tech49
    Tech49

This is exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off, and is absolutely absurd. JW's make such asses of themselves, it goes beyond all normal comprehension!!

This one lady's efforts to "preach" the "good news" to a 7 year old, have backfired so badly that now scores of people see JW's in a bad light, if they don't already.

For cryin out loud, sometimes you just need to keep your mouth shut! You dont have to agree with someone else's behavior and lifestyle choices, but you DO need to have tact and common sense enough to know when there is a time and a place to talk about it.

This was clearly NOT the time or the place. Sadly, so many JW's will see their "card" and "tract" on the news and do a little dance, and praise the "sister" for being so BOLD!

How disgustingly embarrassing. I guess you just can't fix stupid.

Would someone please give me a Super-face-palm meme........

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

And then those same people cry out that they're being persecuted because they're told that is unacceptable behavior.

• blondie
    blondie

I find it hard that a jw would tell anyone they are going to hell, after the trinity the hellfire teaching is the second most doctrine debunked by the WTS. What is a "jw card" anyway? I'm sure there is more to this than meets the secondhand telling.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Remember the Bible quote that Watchtower uses to help cover up it's child molestation issues? "...there is a time to keep quiet..." (Ecclesiastes 3:7)

In their convoluted way of thinking JWs will keep quiet about criminal behavior within their own ranks, then ignore the times that it's really appropriate to keep quiet, as in this case. If it's none of your business just let it go. It's entirely wrong to judgmentally impose your lifestyle choices onto other people, especially onto a small child.

(As a side note, if it hadn't been for the Jehovah's Witness card I might have thought the reference to hell would mean it was a non-Witness who did this, but the card is there. Now I think it's probably a bit of miscommunication between the bus driver, the child (who understood he was going to hell), and the mother, but still very out of place on the part of the JW bus driver even if she didn't explicitly say 'you're going to hell.')

This is a screen shot of the card from the video.

• Zoos
    Zoos

It is disturbing that heterosexuals are always so eager to recruit young people into their lifestyle.

• blondie
    blondie

So is that an official WTS card....I thought the WTS disavowed cards from personal jws. perhaps I've been out too long. I'm sure she probably said they would die at Armaggedon and a non-jw interpreted that as hell....

Some jws just lose it. I remember my jw partner at the door got into a flaming argument with the veteran at the door about saluting the flag. I had to drag her away and tuck her in the car and tell her she was out of line. Then she started on me. I told our book study conductor that he needed to talk to her. So it can happen. But most jws I knew were not like that. They tended to judge people behind their backs.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Since the driver was a JW, I'm sure the word "hell" never entered the discussion. There is a certain amount of fabrication or at least assumption going on here.

Anyways, hetero supporter or not, the boy will be destroyed at Armageddon simply for failing to become a JW.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Here is a screen shot of the tract from the video.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Blondie, yes, it is a formal JW business card that is printed out by WT and available in bulk at the congregation level. Everyone is "encouraged" to use them as much as possible. They have all the pertinent JW.org info on them. They are like a super-mini tract..... there is a shot of it in that video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit