Conditions of Watchtower Baptism

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

wt also takes it upon itself to modify and add to the baptism formula commanded by JC.

'Do you recognize that by this immersion you become member of God's spirit directed organisation'. SO MUCH FOR "IN THE NAME OF THE SPIRIT". for this,

wt baptisms are invalid. (just as invalid as they consider that of the Baptist, LUTHERAN, RC churches et al.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

On the day of baptism the candidate has to publicly answer ‘yes’ to these two questions

1) “Have you repented of your sins, dedicated yourself to Jehovah, and accepted his way of salvation through Jesus Christ?”

(2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?””

I believe they would not be able to answer question 2 , if they did not accept 1914 etc.

Also, if the person claims to not accept the chronology used, then no elder would sanction their baptism

• joao
    joao

I believe that the moment you started to raise concrete and serious questions about their chronology, 607 - 1914, child abuse, etc., the study would stop... It wouldn't get to the point of you being asked any of those questions. JWs love people who are well informed and who ask deep questions...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent points Blue and Joao. I believe some serious Theocratic warfare is going on.... not only because of the claim that their chronology is not doctrine, but that any elder would recommend baptism to someone who rejects the definition of the Faithful Slave.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Blues - they are not and never have been Jehovah's Witnesses. Not according to the Bible definition. WT are fakes.

I know elders who do not understand 1914 but who stay in just in case it is right. Others know 100% it is fake and stay in.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

question 2 has changed over time...I remember when the words God's Spirit directed organization were part of it. Answering # 2 affirmatively is a legally binding contract --no one tells people that aspect of it. Raymond Franz explained it in one of his books. There was also some unusual wording in the last baptizm talk I heard towards the end they were informing the new ones of what was expected of them as to preaching and teaching...I remember thinking, WHAT???? I wish I could remember it, but it seemed a total overreach.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

EnoughIsEnough - if it is a legally binding contract, the point is they are not Jehovah's Organization. That is, in the Biblical sense as in a body of people who belong to Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's Son and a body is comprised of organs. In that way a body is 'organ'ized. Not meaning the 'corp'orate secular/ non-Christian world sense.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In the book of Acts chapter 8 Phillip is commanded to go and preach the gospel to an Ethiopian eunuch was was reading the Book of Isaiah. After giving the gospel of Jesus to the eunuch by Phillip the eunuch asked to be baptized and was.

How many Watchtower publications did the eunuch study with Phillip prior to baptism?

How many of the 100 questions did the eunuch get correct?

What assembly/convention was the eunuch baptized at?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

And it took place before 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit