Alan F

by scholar 10 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

Have received news of the passing of Alan Fuerbacher today having just turned 70 years of age. Alan was an earlier and frequent poster on this forum and was a strident critic of WT Bible Chronology. I enjoyed the continuous debate on matters relating to 607 BCE and will miss his intellectual contributions and his scholarship even though I disagreed with much of his contributions on this subject. My best wishes go to his wife Julie and his family.

Vale Alan Fuerbacher

scholar JW

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    Articles by Alan Feuerbacher and others can be found here.

Atlantis!
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Your a bit late with this news scholar ,just as the JW religion is always late with their world news .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If scholar is late , then I am nowhere because this is news to me…..sad news at that.

Alan F was a hero to me when I first dropped out of the WTS and found this forum. Alan was a towering presence with a great intellect and turn of speech . I learnt a lot. I did not always agree with him but I could still respect him.

The ding dong debates with Scholar about things made great reading…

Alan F ….. gone but fondly remembered.

• FFGhost
  • Smiles
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Remembering times past 🥀

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I didn't interact with him on this forum but I did manage to read some of his posts while lurking, plus I googled his take down of the Biblical flood, which was a very good piece of scholarly work.

A very intelligent guy who will be missed.

RIP Alan Feuerbacher

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

Alan f wrote a lot of essays on the wts on different topics. It's on a site I forgot , I think farkel was also on the same site with long esseys .very smart man. Sorry for his passing👍

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahh, Farkel!

Remembering times past and fondly to the names of yesteryear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit