Updates to Public Talk Outlines 2 & 3

by wifibandit 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • sir82
    sir82

Wow, a softening of the funeral discourse sales pitch!

It was pretty far down on the list of things that needed to be fixed, but given the WTS's track record of relentlessly making this worse, you've got to give them at least a little credit for this.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Public Meeting Talk Titles (Listed numerically)

S-99-E 1/16

Public Meeting Talk Titles (Listed by subject)

S-99a-E 1/16

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Special talk outline for 2017
    The talk outline PB_065 12/93 "Finding Honor and Joy in God’s Ministry" has been discontinued and should no longer be used. It has been replaced by PB_065 7/16 “How to Cultivate Peace in an Angry World.”
    Note: This is the special public talk outline for 2017. The talk will be given in most congregations the week of Monday, April 10. No congregation should have the special talk before the Memorial. Thereafter, it will be added to the series of public talk outlines and may be delivered in your congregation as your scheduling permits.
  • freddo
    freddo

Thanks for this Wifibandit. Brilliant job.

Any sign of what the CO's will be discussing with the elders and servants on this round of visits? Nice to get a "heads up!"

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

bttt - Public Talk Outlines

• smiddy
    smiddy

Public Meeting Talk Titles ( Listed numerically) and their are many.

I have been in at least 6 congregations over a period of 33 years in 2 states of Australia and I could count on my left hand no more than three people who were genuine "public" who attended a public talk.

What a joke they are to advertise public talks when no public ever turn up. They are delusional .

Using spin they may claim unbaptised children of witnesses , relatives of witnesses , are the public , I disagree.

The public are those in the territory with no JW connection who come to a public talk , cold turkey from the witnessing ,either D2D or Incidental witnessing.

And in my 33 years I couldnt count more than 3 people who would have attended .

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Some become critical, saying that Jehovah does not have an organization
    May say that loving one’s fellowman is what really counts or that having a personal relationship with God is
    the really important thing or even that personally reading the Bible is sufficient (rs 326-8)
    Those who adopt such viewpoints are like Satan
    They break away from the Father, Jehovah (1Ti 1:19, 20; 2Ti 2:16-19)

Ouch! That's rather strong wouldn't you say? Like Satan? Does he read the bible every day without consulting the GB for clarification too?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

First line.

THE WORLD IS INCREASINGLY UNSTABLE AND ANGRY (3 min.)

Seems like REAL WORLD DATA would say that was total BS.

Also - how does the org quantify world anger? Did they do an global exhaustive study.

Silly me - well they did get this rock solid pice of info quoted in the WT mentioned in the outline.
    Referring to the violence engendered by cruelty, Noemí Díaz Marroquín, who teaches at the National Autonomous University of Mexico, says: “Violence is learned, it’s cultural . . . We learn how to act out in violent ways when our environment allows and encourages it.”

Guess thats good enough for me:)

https://ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace-after-1945

Website above is the best for disproving "the time of the end"

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Couple of thoughts:

1 - Talk 2 was the first PT I ever gave and I tended to gravitate towards talks that dealt with prophesy when I was a young super righteous elder (eye roll). When I got some maturity, I started focusing on talks with a more Christian focus (like the mercy talk above). At the last couple of years, I couldn't give most of my earlier talks because I just disagreed with them. But, I did notice they dropped the whole "wheat & weeds" portion of #2. I don't remember that teaching having changed recently, did I miss it?? Or do did we get a clue as to an upcoming change?

2 - The funeral talk looks much better. I saw the note that said you don't have to cover all the scriptures or even all the points. That gives the speaker some latitude to focus on the person if they are so inclined. Interesting development. Maybe they realized that going to a funeral where the deceased is spoken about for 5 minutes or less probably isn't appreciated by non-JWs. It's usually the only time you get a non-JW into a KH so they don't want to come off too crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit