Did I miss any big news?

by Iamallcool 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I used to read this site everyday for YEARS! I am still learning to be ex ex JW. Did I miss any big news, etc?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How could anyone tell you what you missed without knowing what you didn`t miss ?

• dozy
    dozy

Not much. Meetings worldwide are on Zoom. The preaching has basically stopped ( other than a few letters being posted out. ) Society continues to build and flip real estate with a new media production centre near the HQ to be finished by 2026. Not really much major doctrinal change - the religion is so dumbed down nowadays anyway.

Take a look through some of the Societies recent videos if you want to see what they are promoting. Basic theme - Armageddon is imminent. So you must "simplify your lives" ( other than the leadership ) and focus on "Kingdom interests" ( ie unpaid "voluntary" work for the Borg) and donate , donate , donate for the King & his Kingdom.

That's about it. Nothing much to see here , folks. Check in again in a few years time!

• St George of England
    St George of England

In a nutshell you haven't missed anything that would change you from being an ex-JW into a JW.

George

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Five or six years ago, there was the ARC (the Australian Royal Commission into child abuse in religious organisations).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl4fOBrOcC8

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The new definition of a generation. They are up to two full lifetimes with just a smidgen of overlap.

It's so stupid it seems to be\have an agenda that I'm not quite sure what it is.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

The GB was considering changing the daily Pioneer meeting name to the Almost Anointed Boasting Session, or as they like to now use abbreviations, the BS session for short

• Steel
    Steel

The faithful slave is now just the governing body.

This board is now a non stop ultra right wing boasting forum full of various half truths and outright lies. Traffic is down , besides the non stop fox news feed. Its basically just 12 people telling themselves how their freedom is on the line, take action , Remember Ruby Ridge, Waco will never be forgotten, marry that cousin before its too late. There is also a health dose of racist banter now too.

I have a feeling another message board might spring up for the people who escape this one.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Tony the turd likes top shelf booze.

• iXav
    iXav
    Steel26 minutes ago

The faithful slave is now just the governing body.

This board is now a non stop ultra right wing boasting forum full of various half truths and outright lies. Traffic is down , besides the non stop fox news feed. Its basically just 12 people telling themselves how their freedom is on the line, take action , Remember Ruby Ridge, Waco will never be forgotten, marry that cousin before its too late. There is also a health dose of racist banter now too.

I have a feeling another message board might spring up for the people who escape this one.

"This board is now one non stop ultra right wing boasting forum" There are still JW topics for those interested. This forum is very America centric and recent events in the world did make their way into the forum.

To the OP, the GB has decided to cull most Foreign language congregations and groups.

Everyone is still waiting for Armageddon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit