Long time lurker, first time poster ...

by LettMorrisSplaneit 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit

Hello everybody!

I finally had the guts to create a profile to be able to post. I've been lurking for a few months and have read all your experiences and comments dutifully. You have been a great help in my process of waking up from this cult posing as the one true religion. I thank you for openly and honestly sharing your experiences, I'm grateful for all of you, you have been a blessing ;)

I'm still physically in for family reasons, but I think everyday about the day I get to be out completely. I have been raised in the "truth" since the age of 6, I'm 42 now. I feel like the best part of my youth/life has been wasted. I started regular pioneering right out of high school, this was in the mid '90's when the end 'had already turned the corner'. Needless to say that process of waking up has not been easy, I'm doing much better now, but the WT has done a number on me and I know I still have a long road ahead.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

H there , welcome to this forum of open discussion and debate.

Your not alone in the wakening up to the realization of what has been a corrupt commercialized fraud structured within a religoius organization.

The Truth about The Truth is starting to awaken many to the worrying dismay of the WTS. leaders.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome................and I love your name!

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Hello and welcome! Best of luck in your wake

up process. This board is a great place to start.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there LMS and welcome!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh man, major props for created Avatar name. Hahahahahahahaha! Freakin' luv it!!!

Welcome. I feel ya. I'm 36, born-in. I never thought I'd be this age in "this Old System of Things", much less pushing 40. I can barely believe it. I'm sure you, like me, can very clearly remember the promises of the 1980's "Generation that will surely by no means pass away", etc. Then they went and dismissed core doctrine, and left me with my jaw on the floor and no college education. Good thing I at least went to a local vocational school in high school and got some training in CAD, so I at least make some decent money now.

I couldn't imagine still being in. I escaped totally before I was 20.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome.

I waited much too long to leave and now I am old and scared of new beginnings.

Welcome.

DY

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit

I also have days when I feel that it might be to late to leave @Doubtfully Yours.

I started to remove the blinders only a few months ago, it all started with the ARC, after that I read COC and all the cards came down after that.

• jaydee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit