I sent off my application to study Palaeobiology (MSc) at Bristol uni and ...

by LoveUniHateExams 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Congratulations to you, LUHE!

All the very best in your future endeavors!

So happy for you!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Thanks again, everyone!

My national express coach leaves Bolton for Bristol at 11 pm tonight.

Just need to finish packing!

#BristolHereWeCome

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Fantastic!!I hope you have time to report back! I love Bristol and have very fond memories of the city๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Have a great time LUHE!

• LV101
    LV101

GRATS! Sounds like a great place to study and enjoy life.

Best!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi all

I'm now in my accommodation (v. nice and newly built). I'm kinda getting to know Bristol because this is my first time here.

Today I walked from my flat to Bristol library and uni. I've already registered on-line and I need to register face-to-face on Mon 24th. That's the first week of my course.

I also found a nice falafel take-away place opposite the uni. I went inside and saw that it was run by young women, one of whom is a student. The price seemed a bit steep (ยฃ5.00) but she gave me twice as much falafel as I was expecting and heaped lots of different vegetables, hummus and sauce on it.

Still, can't do that every day! XD

Cheers

LUHE

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good for you keep us informed how things are going

Make us proud to be ex JW`s with the light that gets brighter .

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Bit of an update ...

F**k, where do I start?

Ok, I applied online and printed out my certificate of registration on 18 September.

I was due to register face-to-face on Mon 24 September.

I was chatting to my cousin on Sat 22 September and she asked if I'd gotten my finances sorted. I said 'yes, I think so - Master's tuition fees are the same as Bachelor's, right?' ... er, no it isn't.

I saw the fees office and then the funding office on Monday morning.

Yep, my degree has fallen through because I made a serious mistake about my finances.

The lady I spoke to in funding was very helpful - she suggested I could defer my degree, and in the meantime move to a cheaper area, work full time and save up enough to begin my studies in Bristol in Sept 2019.

I like this and it's do-able so I'm discussing these matters with the School of Earth Sciences tomorrow.

All this is my fault - I assumed that Master's finances worked the same as undergrad finances and I am dead wrong. So, I accept the consequences.

Luckily, I've managed to get a room in the Bolton student hotel that I'd left on the 16 September.

All is not lost. It's not a complete disaster.

Still, I'm finding it extremely difficult not to remember that my father inherited ยฃ285, 000 from my maternal grandmother's estate and has chosen to cut me out of that money.

If I ever bump into him on the street, he'll be sorry. I'll beat the shit out of him.

The good news is that he's seventy and that c**t will hopefully die soon ... at least he' ll die before me.

#Pray4LUHE XD

• cofty
    cofty

Shit that's disappointing.

Still it sounds like you have a plan. This time next year you will be getting pissed in the student's union!

• LV101
    LV101

Stay focused on LUHE. Have you read the fast read called, 'Who Moved My Cheese'? If possible (it's very few pages) try to grab one and race thru it. Helped a couple of my friends thru divorce, financial/real estate loss, family loss, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit