The org tightens the noose on J.W.'s thinking.

by The Fall Guy 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
  • steve2
    steve2

Photo taken at a recent JW Regional Convention.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Jesus kept focused on doing his Father’s will without becoming troubled by what his opponents said. Jesus did not get distracted by trying to defend himself from every false accusation.......he did not waste time arguing endlessly with incorrigible opponents.

So, if Peter, Paul, John and Luke were proven to be pedophiles by 20 kids and the court of law, would "Jesus be troubled by what his opponents said"?

Jesus would not get in front of a crowd an say "I abhor child abuse!"... He would do something about it.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    I used to wonder, at assemblies and such, why they would never address anything that "apostates" said.

After all, they spent plenty of time addressing all the wrongs of (apostate!) Christendom, the Catholic church, the political systems, the commercial systems, etc., but rarely mentioned anything about what these evil apostates say.
    Or if they did, there was never context given and the matter was addressed quickly and gotten out of the way with the briefest brush of reassuring verbiage.

And Sir82, I noticed, too, that there was no distinction made between "negative" reports and "false reports" and unconfirmed and sensational.
    These terms were all treated the same, all without distinction. Weird!!!
    It's like they're talking to children....
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Gayle , I recognise some of those in the photos you posted complete ass-holes without a doubt.

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

FACE BAD REPORTS AS JESUS DID (9 min.)

I read the PDF copy. Is this something that the R&F would normally have access to? Just wondering, because when I (a non-JW) showed a JW guy the copy of the "Sheperd Flock of God" book that I downloaded to my I-pad, from the ARC exhibits list, he pretty much freaked out. It was weird, but kind of amusing at the time. This was a couple years ago.

Just wondering if this "Face Bad Reports" document would illicit a similar reaction from an average JW 'publisher.'

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Whenever I've been 100% sure of something I've welcomed debate and criticism. Because if it's true you'll come out on top and have even more faith.

But if it's not true...

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Sugar Shane: I read the PDF copy. Is this something that the R&F would normally have access to?

No and no.

Firstly, ONLY the person giving the actual talk would have access to the actual PDF talk outline (plus a couple of higher-ups organising the meeting) - the R&F elders and publishers would not have access to it.

Secondly, the outline is for a talk that is ONLY being given to regular pioneers - the R&F elders and publishers will not even hear or know about this talk.

See my earlier post: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5191001272483840/_post/5693343063343104

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I strongly beg to differ with DARKSPILVER's (and the org's) wishful thinking;

Firstly, "the R&F elders and publishers will not even hear or know about this talk."

LOL - thanks to sites such as this, I and others like me, are able to share this wonderful information from "the slave" with all the 2nd class J.W's who would have to wait to get the crumbs off the pioneers' table!

(just going to share it with previous congregation members who are zealous J.W.'s and who I know will blab about it to others)

Secondly, the R&F now have access to virtually everything which the cult hierarchy publishes - thanks to the wonderful internet!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Fall Guy: I strongly beg to differ with DARKSPILVER's (and the org's) wishful thinking;

Really? Please read the context of Sugar Shane's question and my reply.

Sugar Shane: I read the PDF copy. Is this something that the R&F would normally have access to? Just wondering, because when I (a non-JW) showed a JW guy the copy of the "Sheperd Flock of God" book that I downloaded to my I-pad, from the ARC exhibits list, he pretty much freaked out. It was weird, but kind of amusing at the time. This was a couple years ago.

Just wondering if this "Face Bad Reports" document would illicit a similar reaction from an average JW 'publisher.'

My factual reply was that the PDF is NOT something that the R&F would normally have access to - that was a factual answer, not an opinion.

Remember in your own OP you (misleadingly?) made it sound like the talk was part of the actual Circuit Assembly, to be attended by all R&F -

The Fall Guy: ...in the upcoming Circuit Assembly talks is as good....

it was me who contextualised what you had quoted - that it was part of the annual regular pioneer meeting - and it was me who provided a link to the actual PDF outline for the benefit of those reading this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit