More speculation on Kingdom Hall closers and money grabbing?

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LV101
    LV101

With so much growth and folks handing over their lives/money/properties they took it for granted - gambled and were willing to act recklessly with all the easy pay - kinda like Dire Straits' lyrics, "money for nothin'". Now their dynamics have changed and they're investing conservatively -- except for their high-style living on the contaminated swamp which is hilarious.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Did they not "count the cost" before they built all of these Kingdumb Halls? If my family and I went to the Elders and told them that we are in a financial downturn, they would tell us that we did not "count the cost."

It's amazing how they spin the meetings on growth..."we can see Jehovahs hand directing us." Where is Jehovahs hand when they have to "simplify?"

• LV101
    LV101

Toes - you were just in the wrong hall/wrong clique! Elders were always asking for handouts for the pioneering connivers where I attended. They were too good to work and had to be out in service with the gang.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

Kingdom Hall consolidations have already begun and are going to impact each and every congregation. It is and will happen soon. This is why this was printed a few short years ago. WT has been setting this up for YEARS. OBEDIENCE IS THE KEY! I wonder how many of these mindless drones would clean out their bank account and turn over their assets to WT?

All of this does not seem practical because it is not. It is all about the money and you must obey like a mindless robot. FOLLOW THE MONEY!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

This might be a little off-topic, but has anyone seen a newly built new style kingdom hall? There can't be too many in Ohio. Around these parts, they are dissolving circuits (I don't even know what circuit I'm in now), consolidating congregations and selling kingdom halls like they're going out of style. Then again, I guess they are out of style.

• darkspilver
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My name, the new Kingdom Halls are commercial buildings disguised as a Kingdom Hall. After these are built and are no longer profitable to the Borg they can sell them for more profit then the older traditional KHs because they can be configured to fit several different commercial styles from a Star Bucks to a Mc Donald's to a dentists office etc.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Thanks darkspilver and Crazyguy.

It would not surprise me that at some point, the org will go the way of the way of the mega church. There will only be assembly halls in use.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

My Name is....

Should have beaten Catholics to it and bought the Crystal Cathedral, perfect for them with the Hour of Power video studios on hand, identity of "the truth" diminishes day on day, my parents would have run a mile from the present JW.Org style and continual new flash light of new light dazzling the congregations, who have no idea how they are being entertained and not educated. Overlapping Generations? No more like Overlapping Expediency to keep afloat .

Sadly people smugglers fooling people from Middle East to pay hugely to get in a small inflatable, no life vests, packed in. And set off in turbulent seas in hope of new life. GB are people smugglers and packing more and more into less and less KHs shows their absolute disdain for the congregations , just pure love of money, .So some drown along the way but hey , always more ways to fleece the rest.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150307/NEWS/150309486

Watchtower's growth

strains town budgets in mid-Hudson

Watchtower properties in mid-Hudson

TOWN OF SHAWANGUNK

Red Mill Road

A sprawling complex on 1,141 acres, including a saw mill, food processing and printing plants

Estimated market value: $135 million.

Tax exempt. If taxable, it would pay about $4.7 million in property taxes.

TOWN OF NEWBURGH

1294 Route 300

Former Hampton Inn

Market value: $6.4 million

Tax exempt. It was paying $262,000 in property taxes before Watchtower bought it.

15 Crossroads Court

Former Hilton Garden Inn on 5.6 acres

Market value: $8 million

Tax exempt. It was paying $326,000 in property taxes before Watchtower bought it.

TOWN OF MONTGOMERY

124 Bracken Road

200,000-square-foot warehouse on 12 acres

Market value: $8.3 million

Tax exempt. It would pay $290,832 if taxable.

TOWN OF WARWICK

15, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 and 55 King's Drive, off Long Meadow Road

Watchtower world headquarters

Watchtower is building three multi-story apartment buildings, a vehicle maintenance building; a four-level parking garage, and an office-service building. The complex will total 1.6 million square feet.

Construction has not been completed and therefore the property as a whole has not been assessed.

TOWN OF TUXEDO

Route 72 and Long Meadow Road

Former research headquarters of International Paper

Market value $2,748,000

Tax exempt. It would pay $103,491 if taxable.

227 Ironwood Drive

Apartment complex

Market value: $749,200

Taxes paid: $28,213. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

51 Woods Road

Single-family home

Market value: $344,600

Taxes paid: $12,868. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

57 Cross Ridge Road

Single family home

Market value: $345,800.

Tax exempt. It would pay $13,168 if taxable.

15 Sylvan Way

Single-family home

Market value: $295,500.

Taxes paid: $10,056. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

Source: town assessors and Orange County

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150307/NEWS/150309486

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit