East Pennines A$$emb£y Hall

by punkofnice 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So, my spies tell me that the East Pennines A$$emb£y hall is being sold and all proceeds going to Jobo HQ. There's a surprise.....NOT!

I understand there are other properties too. Can someone verify this as genuine?

Awake (g87 9/8 p. 25-26) after mentioning, what we in the UK called Hellaby stated...

In former years, the Witnesses used to rent theaters and auditoriums for these larger gatherings, called circuit assemblies. (A circuit is composed of some 20 congregations.) Now such facilities are no longer available in many areas. Therefore, a movement got under way in the United States some 20 years ago to acquire properties that could be converted into Assembly Halls. The fact that more and more are being inaugurated all over the world is a sign of the increase that Jehovah’s Witnesses are experiencing.

Oh, well. that's a load of bunkum then!

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

Don't know if it will be sell ... but alway referenced on jw dot org site

https://apps.jw.org/ui/F/meeting-search.html#/weekly-meetings/search/E/Fretwell%20Road,%20Hellaby,%20Bramley,%20Rotherham,%20Royaume-Uni/53.42561,-1.237834//detail?id=38D8DB55-6A2D-4635-A9C1-D4EF8A8040B2

As far as I know that it's the "East Pennines" Hall ( I live in France )

I just take a look on Search Engine and compare to jwborg site

Best Regards

• St George of England
    St George of England

I remember back in the early 1970's (?) we all pledged to give so much per month to build this place. Cost a fortune but at least it looked good and won quite a few architectural awards for its design. Maybe they will return my donations plus interest.... or not.

It still pulls in a few bob each year:-

EAST PENNINE ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :: OpenCharities

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have further news...

It seems the Hall was set up and run under a separate charity. Now they want to end that charity. They will then transfer it to the IBSA who will run it.

I wonder if that means 'sell it' to KFC or something?

• hoser
    hoser

You get to donate your labour, time and money to build an assembly hall so that you can pay rent every time you use it.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There was an attempt about 10 years ago to sell the assembly hall here (midwest US) that was built in the '70s. No one would buy it. The problem that made it virtually unsaleable is that it is way out in a field about 5 miles off the interstate. Back in the '70s they didn't think there would ever be a need to sell it, so they didn't care where it was, as long as the land was donated or very cheap. Now they wanted to sell it and build a better one in a more accessible place and they can't. LOL.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Didn't someone once say "Religion is a snare and a racket."

Racket: An illegal or dishonest scheme to make money.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have been to the East Penine Assembly Hall, It was a good place to go for a Circuit Assembly.

That Hall was built with the money , hard graft and sacrifice of the brothers around there. The ones I knew loved the place and were proud of it. Now it will be sold and turned into something mundane like a warehouse.

I wonder what arrangements they will make for future Circuit Assembly’s ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    St G - I remember back in the early 1970's (?) we all pledged to give so much per month to build this place.
    Blues Bro - That Hall was built with the money , hard graft and sacrifice of the brothers around there.

We here in Cambs all helped with the money, graft and manning the security huts at night.

What was it all for?

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Hall was set up and run as a separate charity, however the Kingdom Hall Trust holds title as a custodian to all land and buildings.

These are the EPAH accounts 2016 - 2019 :

2016 : Income £332.74k Expenditure £441.62k (£212.78k donated to WTBS)

2017 : Income £333.43k Expenditure £460.85k (£272.25k donated to WTBS)

2018 : Income £349.92k Expenditure £462.69k (£258.06k donated to WTBS)

2019 : Income £281.71k Expenditure £332.15k (£148.34k donated to WTBS)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit