Trumps Inaugural Address - Comparisons

by azor 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Was it yuge?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

At least he spoke in (mostly) coherent sentences. It would be great if someone could synch his mouth with an old Hitler speech, or vice versa.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Spoletta,

At least he spoke in (mostly) coherent sentences. It would be great if someone could synch his mouth with an old Hitler speech, or vice versa.

I've noticed that when Trump speaks coherently it's because he's repeating what someone else said to him. When he's speaking his mind it inevitably comes out as word salad.

I noticed this from a speech he was making using a teleprompter. He was understandable. He got turned off by it though, and decided to ad lib it. When he did that he went to default mode.

• Simon
    Simon

He's not good at a teleprompter, he needs to work on that but don't expect he will. He sounds like he's speaking his own words though when he does just speak. Clinton sounded like some committee meeting minutes being read out, all carefully scripted (oh god, that "Trumped UP trickle-down economics" line, still makes me want to cringe).

Standing up for law and order, fighting Islamic extremism - I think those parts of the speech ticked many people's boxes. The fact that some on the left are trying to make an issue that "OMG, some people actually cheered this part!" (because presumably, we should show ISIS tolerance?) is part of why Trump won.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm a fan of dumbasses, Azor, thus a BIG fan of YOU!

Tell me again about how easily I fooled you.

• azor
    azor

No fooling here. Just overly trusting. A condition people like you are helping me recover from.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

No matter what you may think of him, I think that Obama's eloquence will be missed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Simon...

Do you think the American Left might actually be kind of scared to condemn Islamic extremism to the degree the Right does?

(not being snarky, genuinely curious)

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Anyone see a resemblance to a certain Organization that continually harps upon how "bad" everything is, using alternative facts, choosing to ignore the good, and promising only THEY can save us all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Spoletta...

"Political neutrality" notwithstanding, when polled anonymously, JWs' views line up almost perfectly with the American Right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit