Refusing a blood transfusion

by BourneIdentity 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Hello all, first post. I've been lurking for months and figured it was time to post a few things, I've been PIMO for the last couple of years.

I was doing some thinking about an adult refusing a blood transfusion, especially one that has several children. When you married and had children, you signed up to take care of them, to love and protect them. Imagine rejecting a blood transfusion when you know death is a certainty, while you have young children under your care. You are willing to give up being a parent and leaving those kids with no father or mother, because you are more concerned about your place in the new system and how you stand before Jehovah. isn't that the most selfish act when you think about it?

If it was me, I'd happily take the sword and accept blood to allow my children to still have a parent in their lives. If it meant I would no longer be qualified for everlasting salvation, I could deal with that. The more I thought about it, all I could think of how selfish it would be. No different than committing suicide and leaving all your family to pickup the pieces.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

JWs don’t think that way it’s all about outward acts to prove to those around them their spiritual.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It becomes more of human tragedy when its realized this doctrine came from a man who was delusional and insane with perceived sense of spiritual empowerment .

The most rigid Orthodox Jews know its an Hebraic Law laid down and created to abstain from blood as a dietary law.

There was no blood transfusion when the law was established.

The blood given in transfusion doesn't even come from another human that is not dead, which was the core significance to the original law.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The soldiers of Saul disobeyed Gods dietary law against the eating of blood and they were not punished for it by Jehovah simply because there life was at stake and all they had to do was atone for their "sin" of disobeying his dietary law .1Sam.14: 31-35.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

2014. Me. Massive blood loss due to ruptured colon. Had 6 units of blood. Didn't think twice about it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome BourneIdentity! Hate to say this to a newbie but....your absolutely right! LOL

For me 5 liters of blood 30 years ago when a surgeon who was performing open heart surgery on me went a little off track.

The responsibility of a parent out-weighs the speculation of the WTBTS in every way and every day. Always remember the WTBTS does not like children (based on their Child sexual abuse policy).

They are proud that they are the only religion in the world that bans a life saving blood transfusion. How many JW's have died needlessly or well before their time? Thousands.

Anybody who is still carrying a NO Blood suicide note on their person...... do think about getting rid of it before the emergency room finds it.

Also call your Doctor, clinic, hospital and tell them to remove any reference to your former stance of being a practicing JW re blood.

Remember in most first world countries medical records are private. If you need blood because of the type of surgery you can make arrangements privately with the hospital ahead of time.

Keep Elders on the other other side of the windows washing them....... instead of whispering in your ear.

So how many Jw's have shortened their lives or actually lost their life by refusing a BT?

The Society doesn't keep those numbers.

• new boy
    new boy

Soon, Beth and her husband would be in Jehovah’s Witness Hell. If she ever had any desire to join this church, it would soon be gone forever, after what would happen next.

Beth called me a few months later, crying; I could barely understand her. I really didn’t know what she needed or wanted. Maybe she needed a shoulder to cry on. I told her we could meet for a cup of coffee. I had no words for what she would reveal to me.

We met a few hours later at a busy restaurant. I wish you could have seen the look of bewilderment on this poor woman’s face. With tears in her eyes, she sat there. She told me about what had transpired over the last few months since we first talked on the phone.

She said her husband was baptized as he promised. Being re-baptized, he became a zealot once again in his old faith. He didn’t seem to be as interested in her now that he had rejoined his old family and friends. He was now spending less and less time with her, his pregnant wife.

Finally, the baby came. However, there were major complications at birth. It was life or death for the child unless the baby received a blood transfusion. Beth was, of course, in favor of this life-saving option. Her husband was definitely opposed to it.

There were many heated arguments about this. The Elders and his parents got involved. His family informed her husband that he could not waver. There was no way he could give in on this matter. It was more than just a matter of life and death; it was a matter of faith and service to god and obeying His rules about no blood transfusions.

Beth and her family fought her husband to the bitter end. She said he hated her and her stance against him and his faith. This drove a wedge between them even further.

There was no time left and a decision had to be made. For whatever reason, he hung his head in shame and told the doctors to go ahead and give the child a blood transfusion. The Elders found out he gave the order for the blood transfusion and were furious. They told him there would be grave repercussions because of his decision.

Two days later, the child died.

The Elders actually told her husband they were not surprised about the child’s death. In a sense, they implied this was a punishment directly from god Himself. This was because he had actually disobeyed god’s commandments on the issue of blood.

Her husband told the Elders he was wrong and blamed his worldly wife for the pressure she had put on him. He begged for Jehovah’s and the Elders for forgiveness.

There was nothing I could say to comfort Beth after that story.

Are they still together? I would doubt it.

If you are a Jehovah’s Witness reading this, there are two things I would wonder. First, did god kill the baby because it received a blood transfusion to drive home His point to the disobedient husband? No? Even though the Elders implied that?

Second, Beth will obviously never become a Jehovah’s Witness. Can you really blame her?

[

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

refusing a blood transfusion because of a hope of a resurrection into a paradise earth?

how many other religions have a belief in a resurrection back on earth?

in view of the fact that the watchtower has got everything else wrong--why should that be any different ?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

The Invisible Jonestowns among Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It really doesn't make rational sense to accept a law given out by novice self appointed bible theologians as most of the WTS's leaders were .

They also said that vaccinations were wrong and organ transplants.

From these condemnations thousands of people have lost their lives.

God's holy spirit guided these men ............ right

Hideous and corrupt religious charlatans is what the past leaders of the WTS/JWS were and still are to this day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit