Peter Sutcliffe - I thought he was a JW now......?

by punkofnice 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I can't imagine there's any money in recruiting this kind of person into the corporation. It's not even good PR. Mind you, those deviants back in Brooklyn wouldn't have a clue what's good or bad PR.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You're right, Punk.

But I fear it could still be used by JWs as a talking point: "even serial killers can repent and, with the right heart condition, can make progress in God's organization. You can, too! Doesn't Jehovah's love for mankind run deep?"

I feel dirty. I have a sudden desire to wash my hands over and over again ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - This reminds me of Homer Simpson scrubbing himself....'still not clean...'

I'm amazed at the efforts the watchtower corporation actually goes to in ensuring they do the WRONG thing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Ok, I've finished scrubbing, rinsing and drying my hands. I'm now ready to type

I'm amazed at the efforts the watchtower corporation actually goes to in ensuring they do the WRONG thing - lol, this is a funny line, but so true!

My thinking on it goes something like this: the WT holds that they are right and the world (all non-JWs) are wrong ("only we have the truth", etc). So, I think, the WT often likes to adopt a contrary position to that of the world, or if a worldly minority group adopts a contrarian position, to use this in defence of WT doctrine. One example that springs to mind is that I read online about a supposed scientific study that claims that participating in oral sex increases the risk of mouth cancer. The WT jumps on this and says "told you so!"

The problem with welcoming serial killers or ignoring child abuse is that with these topics, no reasonable contrarian position can be adopted. Yet the WT, seemingly firm in its delusion, ploughs onward.

It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Orphan my Father worked as an active JW while he was a guard at Kingston Pen! I agree with you what kind of a person could study with such a monster? Let him suffer in silence without information of any kind! No greater torture could there be for a human!!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    truthseeker: Orphan my Father worked as an active JW while he was a guard at Kingston Pen!

Huh. I knew a woman who was the psych doctor there at one time. Dr. Cindy Presse.

I agree with you what kind of a person could study with such a monster?

Yeah...like... where do you put the mental images of women sliced and diced when you are sitting across from Sutcliffe in a jail cell with a Bible open? Does that knowledge just disappear? How do the JW men reconcile that in their heads? Or, is it just a further indication of how most JW men think of women as not quite human? Women don't matter?

Any JW man who would go and have a Bible Study with a serial killer whose hobby was chopping up women is just as sick as the killer himself.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe sutcliffe really does think he will live forever in the new system.

the more you think about it---this couldnt be better publicity for this crazy cult.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If he witnesses to other "patients" in his hospital, for that is what Broadmoor is, I wonder if that has any bearing on their wish to transfer him? Is he becoming a nuisance?

If he wants to avoid doing hard time in a real max security prison.. Maybe he should just give his examination board a really blunt witness . If he tells them straight that Satan & the demons rule the world, politicians are just puppets on the demon's strings, & he does not need to kill prostitutes now because Jesus is coming soon to kill all such evildoers & non believers including those on the board unless they join his religion.... They might then send him back to his padded cell.......

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OCrow - Just look at the imagery within theocratic(R) dublications. Surely, the JWs are more desensetised than the average person?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit