Trivial stuff about the AGM

by sir82 16 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    Probably follows the lead of Splane and Morris despite being the senior GB member. Morris, yep,

Sir82, or perhaps Poetzinger, the token central European who can yodel, a token like Herd, but less likeable. A table Server by trade, dishing out spiritual food he did not cook up himself. tip accordingly,

You got to feel sorry for them being caught in a situation like that.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I was wrong about it taking 15 minutes to summarize. More like 5.

I think Loesch is the most normal, if you met him somewhere you wouldn't think much about his oddities.

The reading is not a burden in amount, just that it puts you to sleep and does NOT stimulate you thinking.

The efforts to pull in children seems to be a bust, hence stopping a bunch of the crap.

I thought type/antitype was all passe. It was mentioned in the temple bit.

Anyone get the coal test comment? You have to go way back in history to understand that reference. If someone doesn't chime in, I will comment later.

• JRK
    JRK

As for the choir, I jokingly tell my mother that it is the "JW Tabernacle Choir."

JK

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Coal comment — Brooklyn 1909? ish - yes I got it

• Londo111
    Londo111

The few excerpts I've seen of Loesch in the past few years gives me the impression that he is very tired and perhaps doesn't have much time left. The demands of a modern day Governing Body member may stretch for him.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think Loesch doesn't seem to be enjoying himself at all. Maybe life at Brooklyn and on the GB was not all he imagined it to be. I tend to think most GB members are true believers. But of the current GB I'd vote Loesch the most likely to be thinking p, "what on Earth kind of nonsense did I get myself into here?"

• waton
    waton

Loesch is Austrian, served in the Southern Alps, looking toward Italy and sunny. The Manhattan skyline, across the East River from Columbia heights, , with buildings crumbling to the ground, the UN, not an encouraging sight, when in his home country the hills are alive with the sound of musik. ha ha.

his mid week's meeting has him give a talk on Daniel, it would even put the Lions to sleep in the den.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit