Kingdom Hall Spankings

by JH 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

ugh, ugh ugh. Memories, so many memories.

I got smacked more at home than at the hall (wooden spoons, big Avon hairbrushes, even) but saw kids get far worse than me at the hall and it always bothered me so much. Saw a kid my age once smacked till she threw up. The mother walked out of the bathroom and just left the child there in that condition, cold hearted *****!

I once beat on the door of a stall at a district convention and told the woman inside if she didn't stop hitting her child I would call the police. I was not kidding. I was only a teen at the time but I saw her haul the kid (he couldn't have been two years old) into the stall by the am with his feet dangling off the ground, I thought she was going to kill him. Shew asn't wearing a name badge, I told her that she needed to stop, immediately.

If I'd been older I'd have called the cops anyway, regardless of whether or not she stopped. But I didn't know how to handle it and a room full of grown women watched and said nothing.

I wonder what ever happened to him.

so sad

essie

• Think
    Think

Bad thing. I cry with the kids, when they cry. They are often very small, can't understand the adult kwak kwak kwak kwak wak kwa whack whack blah blahh blah ,

can't sit like a statue for 2 hours, they don't have 2 gallon bladder, they make popo, and that is why they are punish, for being small kid, for not being 4 month old adult.

SOOOO saaaaaadddd....

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

In the hall where I used to go there was a mothers room within the ladies bathroom.

Often I would be sitting in the mothers room either nursing or soothing one of mine with the door shut and have a mother come in with an upset young one (toddler to 5 or 6) then when they would see that I was there trying to keep things quiet, they'd excuse themselves, close the door and then it would begin.

There is one woman in particular who, no lie, I could hear her arm coming down on her sons ass.

I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not. It sent chills up my spine. This little kid got beat so bad.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. One of the elders in my hall and his wife encourage it and various members of my family have been known for bringing in the wooden spoon.

It got to a point where, now that I look back, I didn't want to go to the meetings if I knew my kids were going to be tired or acting up. a) It wasn't fair to them and b) I hated listening to those kids.

I'm sure that making these little ones suffer through 2 hours of sitting absolutely still makes God quite happy.

Meagan

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In my hall when i was a kid i remember the Watchtower conductor getting off the platform and spanking his 7yo child in front of everyone, and then getting back on the stage and continuing the study.
    She ended up anorexic, go figure.

• alamb
    alamb

This thread is nauseating and so real.

*In the hall where I grew up and "brother" used to sit in the back and touch his kid's eyeballs if they looked away from the stage. He would also bring hot pepper for their tongues if they whispered or giggled. He made me ill and I would wonder why the other parents didn't stop him.

*I was beaten black and blue from my waste to my knees with a plastic spoon because I told my uncle when my birthday was. I was 4 and my parents were newly baptized. I didn't know we didn't celebrate birthdays anymore.

As an parent I was a renegade. I would bring blankets and sit with the kids on them in the library. I was counselled by the PO once for giving my 2 year old cheerios from my pocket. She has hypoglycemia and the pediatrician said I had to feed her regularly. He actually brought out volumes with him. I later learned my own HUSBAND had asked him to counsel me. We are now divorced.

AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO CALL ME A LIAR I'LL GIVE YOU MY MOM'S PHONE NUMBER. SHE'S STILL A JW AND BRAGS ABOUT THIS STUFF!!!

• d
    d

I agree after a while I stopped believed in the Truth LOL and for a time I was just plain enraged at all the lies I was subjected to. I hating hearing children getting spanked their kids what do you expect. No child can sit still for two hours straight.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I always felt that it was the lucky ones who got beaten at the hall.WE had to wait till we got home,and my dad would have had a few minutes{and perhaps a few vodkas}to fester over it...It was awful....

• Diest
    Diest

Thses threads make me so sad.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It is a big enough ask to expect an adult to sit still for two hours through one of their mind-numbing meetings. To demand that small children do the same is as inhumane as it is just plain bloody stupid!

Yet they still had the gall to print a book in the late 1970s entitled "Making your Family Life Happy."

I suddenly feel very sick - got to hastily leave my PC now and make a bee line for the bathroom!

Bill.

PS: Puke!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Governing Body's exploitation of children for corporation profits "Let's Go Out In Service" for distribution of the Corporation's propaganda and solicitation and collection of donations:

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/lets-go-in-service/

I wonder if this falls under any violation of child labor laws?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit