Norm Macdonald 1959-2021

by neat blue dog 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Any other fans of Norm Macdonald here? I think this is the only time where I actually felt a celebrity death. What a loss. I know tastes will vary but he could basically be talking about anything and I'd be entertained. Very brilliant and unique.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuTxoOjYBpfmbRqkmD-MUkO2UkTTV8j83

• neat blue dog
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Funniest guy ever.

The Marc Maron podcast with him on is great

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

We lost one of the greats.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

His comedy definitely came from an obscure way of seeing things. He was known to be quite quirky, didn't drive, was a compulsive gambler who lost all of his money 3 times and had all sorts of hang ups.

I used to think he was an interesting guy until I heard him tell a story about how he had slept with his best friends wife while his friend was outside mowing the lawn. He figured as long as he could hear the lawn mower running he, would be safe.

I didn't like him as much after hearing that story.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Well for one Norm was famous for literally making up crazy stories all the time for the sake of a joke, and this one fits the bill perfectly. Even if it were true he prefaced it by saying it happened when he was "young, without conscience", and that he wouldn't do it now.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Well for one Norm was famous for literally making up crazy stories all the time for the sake of a joke..

Or so the Germans would have us believe.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Well for one Norm was famous for literally making up crazy stories all the time for the sake of a joke

Had the story of him getting it on with his friends wife been true, I doubt he would have made long lasting friendships as he did. How many people have you heard complaining about Norm for stuff like that? I haven't heard anything like it. The guy was a joke machine and respected as a comedian who would say anything for a laugh. So, that would fit perfectly well with his personality.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    used to think he was an interesting guy until I heard him tell a story about how he had slept with his best friends wife while his friend was outside mowing the lawn. He figured as long as he could hear the lawn mower running he, would be safe.
    I didn't like him as much after hearing that.

Pete I don't know if you're being serious!

I don't know this guy at all, but after watching him for just 5 mins I can tell that's one of his jokes!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I don't know this guy at all, but after watching him for just 5 mins I can tell that's one of his jokes!

When I heard him tell the story it was in an interview and the topic came up spontaneously in the conversation and he indicated that it actually happened. Not that it matters but he came off as a bit creepy at the time, the way he told it...seemed proud of himself. The interviewer asked him is he was worried that his friend would catch him and he said no, because all he had to do was listen for the the mower to shut off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit