I want to be a JW but they seem to hate me? Help!

by Alostpuppydog 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tell them you've just come into A LOT of money. Money changes everything.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

From your OP it seems that you expected to find a community of Jehovah's Witnesses on here. However, most members are no longer JWs or are what we call 'awakened' JWs (I'm agnostic btw). You should research the religion a bit more as you seem to really think that it is 'the truth'. It's not. Websites like jwfacts.com provide a wealth of information which you won't hear about in the Kingdumb halls.

Anyway, I would suggest that you try to make as much friends as possible and also try to find a better job so that you can eventually have your own place. Don't let the Jokehovians know that you are visiting 'apostate' sites and at least pretend to share their beliefs so that you don't get kicked out from where you currently live.

Don't hope to get miracles from praying to Jehovah or Yahweh or whoever. This will just cause you to feel more depressed when you don't get what you want. I'm not saying that good things can't happen to people. However, you shouldn't hope for a million dollars to fall from the sky into your lap. Set realistic goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them. Start with small goals and as you achieve them set bigger ones.

• tiki
    tiki

First and foremost, no elders and/or other mature witnesses can give you the support you need. They are not trained mental health professionals. The religion thinks prayer and lots of involvement in field service will cure you. That is a hoax. Find a good therapist, be proactive and honest about yourself and get the meds stabilized. Think about a career you would really enjoy...and set goals for yourself. You can live happily and meaningfully...but your cure will not be found in any kingdom hall anywhere. I wish you peace and joy!!😊

• dozy
    dozy

In my experience most congregations tend to be quite cliquey - often made up of large extended families & old standing friendships often built up through generations - so after a brief initial "love bombing" most newcomers tend to be ignored , especially if they are perceived to be , as Blondie put it , "high maintenance". We had a few in my old congregation that tended to be very much on their own & on the sidelines , for various reasons. The much trumpeted " true love amongst all JWs" is untrue - it tends to be very limited and conditional.

Without being in any way judgemental , you sound to me like the classic "spiritual submarine" type that all congregations have - people who come & go , study on & off , tend to be very much outsiders. Regular JWs tend to be really suspicious and uncertain of these types regarding them as "weak ones" and hard work & steer clear.

You'll probably struggle to find any kind of long term real friendships there - do you have any interests / hobbies etc that might prove more conducive to making friends? Clubs / organisations etc that you could join?

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

I have noticed too how the JW's are very clique-like. Reminds me of highschool ohh yeaaaaa... But now I can call myself a submarine haha!!! And their love really is conditional. I find it sad and wonder if they even know what true love is. They are the 'truth' right. 😉 It's just sad and I can't understand why in the world you would ever stop loving your child. Like I have seen sooooo many do so to the point of death they still barely make an effort to console their own blood and flesh. ( I don't have any by the way)

But you are right. I should start picking up hobbies again, if I could just conquer this damn depression... Ugh. We will see what happens and time to make some good 'worldly' friends. I am tired of being completely friendless whilst being on the approve/disapprove list of every single JW. It's like being on hold when you call customer service I swear.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I attempted to return to JWs (mainly because I was grieving for my Dad) but they found every excuse to get rid of me. I now know that because I was out of it for 26 years, I was no longer a submissive woman. I was an attractive single woman that was a distraction and I knew my own mind. I was told by an elderly sister there that the single women were psychologically "dragged" into the back room on a regular basis to be interrogated about what they were up to, whether any men were sniffing around etc.

You are better off out of it, that cult will make you emotional problems much much worse. xxx

• zeb
    zeb

"the JW's are very clique-like" there, you have it in one. Like oil on the water the cliques will meld and undo move and reform.

Disassociated Lady2. Love ya babe. I have known a lovely sister a mature ,measured person who would be peeled off any brother by the dragon class if she was seen talking to them.

dozy presents here some sound advice. Please. you are entitled to be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit