Is the door to door preaching work not the primary focus anymore?

by pistolpete 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

A few months back, one of my uncles who was an elder, asked the CO, why Jehovah would allow the Door to Door Preaching Work, to come to an abrupt end. This was when my uncle was starting to have serious doubts about the organization.

The CO told him to be patient, and hang in there, because the Governing Body was on top of things and in time would explain what is happening regarding the preaching work.

My Uncle asked; “What do you mean?”

CO said; “Focus on the WT study articles in the coming months”

I thought the CO was just bullshitting my Uncle. But lately there has been a lot of talk over on reddit about this very thing.

A few days ago one poster said this about the Latest Watchtower Study article, implying that the preaching work is actually----USELESS BECAUSE JEHOVAH ALREADY KNOWS THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO RESPOND ANYMORE.

What do you all think? Is NEW LIGHT BEING INTRODUCED?

QUOTE FROM REDDITOR.

Is it just me or are they really pushing the idea that the ministry is completely useless? And the idea that God is asking millions of people to do something utterly pointless.

The only outcome is that a person is recognized as “following instructions”.

Here is the latest WT Study article that seems to be slowly introducing the idea that the Preaching Work is NOT ABOUT SAVING PEOPLE ANYMORE.

Everyone that is going to be saved ----is already in the ARK of SALVATION.

COULD THIS BE A PRELUDE TO GETTING RID OF DOOR TO DOOR PREACHING WORK??

REMEMBER HOW THEY SLOWLY INTRODUCED THE GENERATION CHANGE!

October 2021 Watchtower study edition ------Do Not Give Up!

11 Early witnesses of Jehovah faced unresponsive listeners. For example,

Noah was “a preacher of righteousness,” likely for decades. (2 Pet. 2:5) No doubt, he hoped that others would respond favorably to his preaching, but Jehovah gave no such indication.

Rather, when instructing Noah to build the ark, God said: “You must go into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.” (Gen. 6:18)

And considering the dimensions and capacity of the ark that God told him to build, Noah may have realized that any response to his preaching would be limited. (Gen. 6:15)

As matters turned out, NOT ONE PERSON FROM THAT VIOLENT WORLD RESPONDED TO NOAH'S PREACHING.

(Gen. 7:7) Did Jehovah view Noah as a failure? Not at all! In God’s eyes, Noah was a successful preacher because he faithfully did what Jehovah had asked him to do.​—Gen. 6:22.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-october-2021/Do-Not-Give-Up/

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

If this is true than it is the beginning of the end undoubtedly the last part of the last part of the end for the cult. We may actually be witnessing the collapse of the cult. Keep up the pressure and tell everyone who will listen that this cult is evil. Never let up. From the depths of hell I stab at thee

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Didn't they teach all the members in the 70s-80s that the preaching work was what made a person a Jehovah’s Witness - and that all truly dedicated baptized members were meant to save lives?

Now they’re saying God just wants the members to be busy----------- as a test.

That’s HUGE!

. Only Jehovah’s witnesses are saved at Armageddon ----because they DID WHAT THEY WERE TOLD BY GOVERNING BODY!

THE PREACHING IS USELESS NOW BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXPECT ANYONE TO RESPOND ANYMORE.

Of Course we all know that no one is responding because of all the Child sexual Abuse in the organization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/pbworu/is_it_just_me_or_are_they_really_pushing_the_idea/

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The CO told him to be patient, and hang in there, because the Governing Body was on top of things

THANK YOU! I really need to read something today that would make me laugh. The only thing the g.b. is on top of is begging for more money.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Growing up and even as an adult my father always told me that during the Great Tribulation the message would change from a "life saving work" to a "judgment message." There is a problem with what the CO told this elder - the Great Tribulation has not started according to the Watchtower's teachings.

The Great Tribulation was to start after the fall of false religion. The world governments were to shut down all religion. This would be the beginning of the real "last days". I just got a flyer in the mail inviting me to a local church. I guess that hasn't happened yet.

Wait! I can see it now - Babylon the Great has fallen...invisibly!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Jehovah’s Witnesses door to door preaching work has been for the last 15 years or more fruitless & unproductive. I've been in circuits that boast having upwards of 300 to 400 regular and auxiliary Pioneers...yet when it comes time for the baptismal talks at JW circuit assemblies the speaker finds himself talking to 1, 2, or 3 and sometimes zero baptismal candidates. It is rare that any of those getting baptized are outside adult converts...mainly just very young children of JW families. Circuits could have 1,000 Pioneers...that still would not improve productivity...the WT/JW cult message is not welcomed anywhere! This deadbeat JW parasite religion is a thing of the past...IMMHO!

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

I scanned the study article mentioned. I think WT is preparing everyone for another drop in publishers. Even with all publishers qualifying to only report 15 minutes per month (this was formerly reserved for elderly or ones with health issues). At present you can report that you have time and not give an amount, this keeps the active publisher number up for the financial resolutions., which increases the amount $$$ sent to headquarters. With new activists popping up everyday, PIMO’s, and Covid, i expect numbers to be down, even with letter writing and phone witnessing.

• Overrated
    Overrated

JW's could not defend the "Truth" if their lives depend on it. Not this generation. They would have you go to Jw.Borg. And if you start asking thinking questions they would run away.

• johnamos
    johnamos

How many JWs will think about the context of this paragraph from this same WT?

My guess is...zero.

October 2021 Watchtower study edition ------Do Not Give Up!

12 The prophet Jeremiah likewise preached for decades in the face of apathy and opposition. He became so discouraged by the “insults and jeering” of opposers that he thought of giving up his assignment. (Jer. 20:8, 9) But Jeremiah did not give up!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I remember back in the early 70's when they introduced the "tract" work. The "end" was so imminent that we were instructed to get these important "tracts" distributed immediately. We were to get in and get out. No presentation, no conversations, just leave the tracts at each door and scurry to the next. Everyone was so enthused...this was finally it and it was so easy.

Tract #1 came and went as did Tract #2 .

When Tract #3 came along they told us that this third tract would be like Joshua's "trumpets" when his army circled Jerico for the third time and they blew their trumpets to bring the walls of the city, down. Such would be the case with our "tracts" and this system of things. The world would not be alerted of this cataclysmic event quickly within a few hours via a worldwide media campaign but instead, they would rely on hand delivered tracts delivered to every door on the planet. Makes sense right?

4 decades later looking back, I realize that no one has ever been concerned about the end coming in someone else's lifetime, only their own. Every Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses that has come and gone has always indicated that the currently living JW's would witness the end of the "system of things" in their lifetime.

As far as I can see, every few decades, they need to create something that seems ominous and exciting and is so far fetched that it has to be true. This has always been an effective way to keep the Troops enthused and interested enough until enough time passes and anyone who might remember the nonsense from the past, is long gone or too old and irrelevant or too entrenched, to care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit