When do the 2300 days begin?

by Kosonen 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

When to begin the countdown of the 2300 days? To get an idea, it could be helpful to discern when those days end relative to time times and half a time.

I see a possibility that the 2300 days end the same day as the 1260 days. That is because the woman in Revelation 12 will be fed 1260 days. Why not more? Probably because what she represents, does not need more feeding in that particular sense. She will be fed and brought to a complete spiritual condition. This woman represents God's congregation on earth. That is another topic to examine, but let's find out the possible dates.

Let's compare the scriptures related to this:

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days.

Daniel 8:14 So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”

So this leaves the question, what event marks the beginning of the 2300 days? There should be a remarkable day when the 2300 days begin. Otherwise what is the point of telling about 2300 days if they end simultaneously with the 1260 days?

Just for clarification, the 1260 days should reasonably begin the same day as the 1290 days and time, times and half a time, because the scriptures in Daniel chapter 12 and 11 and 8 and 7 are all interconnected. Those scriptures speak about a specific period of persecution of the saints or the holy ones. And according Revelation 12 the woman flees to a wilderness to escape that persecution, but instead the remaining ones of her seed will be persecuted. (Revelation 12:17) Where the wilderness is, is in itself another topic. But let's first concentrate to understand the 1260 etc. days.

Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days.

Daniel 11:31 And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature. “And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

Daniel 8:11 It exalted itself even against the Prince of the army, and from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 And an army was given over, together with the constant feature, because of transgression; and it kept throwing truth to the earth, and it acted and had success. 13 And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?”

Daniel 12:: “How long will it be to the end of these marvelous things?” 7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and swore by the One who is alive forever: “It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time. As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things will come to their finish.”

Daniel 7:25 He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time. 26 But the Court sat, and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely.

So where does the 2300 days fit in here? Maybe Revelation 12:1,2 has the answer? Those verses describe a vision on the sky apostle John witnessed. Here is what he recorded:

"Then a great sign was seen in heaven: A woman was arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of 12 stars, 2 and she was pregnant. And she was crying out in her pains and in her agony to give birth."

There is a correlation with this sign in the heaven with how the constellation of Virgo was in relation to the other elements described in Revelation 12:1,2 on a specific date, namely September 23, 2017.

So, in theory there is a possibility that the 2300 days in Daniel 8:14 begun September 23, 2017.

Daniel 8:14 "So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”

That would take us to January 10, 2024. That would then be the end of 1260 days or time, times and half a time. That would be the date the holy place is finally restored to its right condition by the feeding of adequate spiritual food to her among other blessings from God.

That would be the day the feeding of the symbolic woman ends. And the woman should represent God's people, the congregation of God. Because the faithful and discreet slave will feed it according to Matthew 24:45:

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!"

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time?

So if the beginning of 2300 days was September 23, 2017. The end is then January 10, 2024. And as it looks like, 1260 days should end at the same date. Then the beginning of the 1260 days should be July 29, 2020.

On this site you can easily calculate dates:

https://www.countcalculate.com/calendar/date-in-x-days

That is quite interesting. That's quite soon, July 29, 2020.

Think if it is the date the symbolic woman representing the congregation of God on earth will flee to a specific place into a wilderness?

I would like to be there.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    are you Brother Splane ?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe it has something to do when the moon is in it's 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars. But I'm sure there is something connected about a talking snake and a piece of fruit.

(But don't quote me on that. I either don't have the same high quality psychedelic drugs as John did -- or maybe I'm not quite as manic.)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ancient mythological expressions are fictional such as whats written in the bible from the beginning to end.

Yes the ancient Hebrews used as certain set of numbers repetitively, ie. 3, 7, 12, 40 as they deemed these numbers significantly sacred.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Are you aware that the alignment that occurred in Sept 2017 also occurred in 1827, 1483, 1293, and 1056...

Why didn't the 2,300 days start at any of those times?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gawd! I just don't care.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Kosonen, please just spare us, we are all suffering from cult fatigue.

RB

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Johnamos,

johnamos27 minutes ago

Are you aware that the alignment that occurred in Sept 2017 also occurred in 1827, 1483, 1293, and 1056...

Why didn't the 2,300 days start at any of those times?

No, not all the features in Revelation 12:1,2

• tiki
    tiki

Comments regarding many roving about and true knowledge becoming abundant?

And how to correlate Mr. Kosonen's logic and assessment with Jesus utterance that no one knows the day or hour.....

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Hi Johnamos, aren't you forgetting that the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11:3 have to preach for 3 1/2 years first?

So nothing can kick off until at least November 2023.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit