2016 death of my father who told me don't come back if your a Witness...still hurts my soul! Warning you all!!

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I feel for you Witness 007. I lost my father unexpectedly recently and it hurts like heck.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I saw my Dad very rarely over 26 years. I was able to spend some time with him about a month before he passed away. When I went to the funeral one of the JWs said to me "Your Dad talked about you all the time" which made me realize that he missed me as much as I missed him, but it was still no comfort. I felt guilty and returned to the meetings a month after the funeral and even got reinstated. The elders in my local congregation came down so hard on me and had no sympathy at all, I just couldn't carry on with it. I did not attend the judicial hearing as I couldn't take any more of their aggressive behaviour and they disfellowhipped me. My Mum now wants nothing more to do with me, but she is bitter and twisted about being old as she though she would never end up that way. She takes it out on me so I am better off without her. :-( x

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I'm sorry for your lose Witness!

You can still pray for your Dad. You can still honor your Dad by your choices and the paths of your life.

God bless you and yours!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would pray sorry mate but i am a born again atheist!! God bless Charles Darwin a true legend.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Understand that the breakdown of the relationship was not entirely your fault. Your father basically disowned you and that was one of the worst decisions he made. Why would you reach out to someone like that?

Yes, it's no longer in your hands to repair the rift. But maybe you could create a legacy that you could one day share with your own family. Put together a photo album, maybe some memories that you have of the good times you recall. Remember the positive things you had with your dad.

Forgive him - he was hurt that you chose the JWs over him, and he gave you a terrible ultimatum.

Forgive yourself - you were hurt by the ultimatum, and likely if he hadn't said those words, your relationship would have survived.

**hugs**

• dogon
    dogon

I had a grandfather on my mothers side that turned away from his family because we his grand kids did not have anything to do with us. You have to steel yourself. I look at it this way. I did nothing but live my life. If a relative can not accept me for who I am and I am harming no one they can fuck them-self. My GF died in 2011 estranged from us. That was his choice. It was our choice to leave the cult, but he made the choice to leave us. Anyone who leaves family because of a religion cult does not deserve family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit