Cognitive Dissonance is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time.

by Sledracer 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sledracer
    Sledracer
    Cognitive Dissonance is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. This is what is wrong with me, I have a love hate relationship with the jw's.
  • just fine
    just fine
    I hope that you can take the next steps and explore your love/hate feelings and decide what you think/believe vs what you are taught. It's hard to work your way through it. Good luck 🍀
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I'm going through the same thing. Eventually one will win out though.

I also find that im going through cycles of sadness, anger, lack of interest etc over and over throughout the day.

we need to be careful though, because once we let go there'll be a vacuum. People tend to fill that vacuum with another religion or an addiction. But in reality we dont have to, we can get a new hobby and absorb ourselves into that until we settle down.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Its an awful process to go through, and some cope better than others. Or should I say, come to a quicker conclusion than others.

If there is poisen in the drinking water, however small an amount, would you drink it?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it eats away at one until decisive action is taken.

Since taking such action, my health has never been better! Seriously!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    Sorry, my spelling today is atroshus....atrouchias......................terrible! Meant to say 'poison'. Duh
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Cognitive dissonance is also a VERY funny podcast, coincidentally one that helps you get over that same cog diss. (Nsfw)
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sledracer This is normal...don't worry, you are grieving...you have lost the one thing you trusted and believed in, it takes time. Post and rant/share as much and often..we all empathize.

GoneAwolLOL!Atrocious!!!! ( thanks for the blood post BTW)

Pale emperor great post and so true.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

You will come to find there is nothing wrong with loving the good people in it and hating the organization.

Also at some point you may come to peace with the fact that it is an overbearing and dangerous cult but even other ones that aren't jw did give people some safety in their lives in certain ways .

• Sledracer
    Sledracer

If there is poisen in the drinking water, however small an amount, would you drink it

We already do, unless we can afford the top of the line water system, last quote was 5000 dollars, we have the 800 dollar one. They have found out that in order to have a healthy immune system, we shouldn't remove germs too much, so that our body learns how to cleanse them out. Is there really any totally, clean perfect water, or church?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit