10 Years On...

by done4good 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    Best wishes
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Great story! Happy 2016! May the next ten years be as good or better!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Great to see you make something of your life in the 10 years after leaving. I've done some things before leaving the religion and hope to follow a similar path. Good for you! I understand why you'd want to take a break and wish you the best. Hopefully your life goes so well you forget you ever had anything to do with the dubs and we never see you again. I think that's something I hope for myself someday.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Jason, I don't believe you for one second that all of the good things you listed you have actually experienced. No way!

You have deviated from the ex-JW miserable life script. And I for one will not tolerate it.

You should be knee deep in debt, gone through at least 2 divorces, have taken up hardcore drinking, dabbled in dope, have a real crappy job, slept with half the town, and are near the verge of suicide.

Oh wait, you didn't buy the bull**** when they were selling it.

• gone for good
    gone for good

I always read your posts and admired your intellect and style,

Thanks for your contributions here as I gradually learned how to research, reason and restore my mind and heart.

Enjoy the open road before you with those you love...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Happy for you on having the best revenge....."A life well lived". Many more decades of happiness to you!

HappyDad

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Great! You are blessed! I did something like you. Management / Auditor / Advisor, a lot more I ever could dream of, with my lovely wife and children. The KH is no guarantee for a successful life!

Gorby

• done4good
    done4good

Thank you all very much for your kind words of support, they mean much more to me than I can adequately convey here. I really appreciate the opportunity to have contributed something of value to the ex-JW community, no matter how minor it may have been. Our experiences may have all been a bit different, but we all have the same human needs at some level. WT as an institution serves only to deny us of those needs, and dehumanizes us and our loved ones still trapped in.

I promise to stop in from time to time.

Jason

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You're welcome and Happy New Year's!!!!!!
  • LaurenM
    LaurenM
    I love this!! I've only been out for four months. I'm 22, single & still trying to find my way. I hope that my future life story will be much like yours. I really think now that it will be :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit