My 20 year anniversary

by new boy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

After being a Jehovah's Witness for 52 years, today marks my 20 year anniversary of being out of the Borg! I turned in my letter of disassociation on September 18th 2001. It was read to the congregation on September 19th, my wife's birthday. Of course the years have had its difficulties but it has also had many wonderful experiences and epiphanies. However not once have I looked back with any regret of the decision to leave that caustic and harmful organization.

Enjoy the wonderful journey that is your life my friends!

New boy

Keith Casarona

• Simon
    Simon

Congrats on the milestone of being free Keith!

• new boy
    new boy

Thank you Simon for everything you have done for me and helping so many people here on this site.

• arwen
    arwen

Loved your book Keith

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Congratulations to you.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Good!

G.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

After being a Jehovah's Witness for 52 years, today marks my 20 year anniversary of being out of the Borg!

Wow!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Biahi
    Biahi

So happy for you, Keith, freedom isn’t free, but so worth it.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Well, gee, congrats on that!

It was harder to get out then without the internet, but not impossible. And you did it! Nice!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Congrats! I enjoyed reading your book. Great job. You really must have known that it was just a cult and a big scam. You disassociated while everybody, including myself, were hunkered down and expecting the Big A to hit soon after 9-11. They were counting on this being the start of the "Great Tribulation!" You walked out and never looked back while the world was in turmoil. Many inactive and interested ones started flocking back at the Kingdom Hall and the dubs were cheerfully waiting for hail stones to pummel everyone that wasn't a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit