Who do you think leaked the Trump documents location to the FBI?

by GabeAthouse 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

You start with an assumption that there is substance, and it's not another hoax like all the previous ones - a political hit-job by the deep state, politicized by the democrats, pure and simple.

And a reminder: we're not here to listen to you tell us what a gullible fool you are by you spewing your TDS

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Haven't you heard? The real damaging documents (the ones detailing all his collusion with Putin, and the nuclear codes) were buried in his late ex-wife's casket - right out on the golf course.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    What real story is this a smokescreen for?

I like Robert Barnes' take: near the end of his term, he asked the alphabet agencies if there was anything he shouldn't, under any circumstances, declassify. They gave him a list, and that's exactly what he declassified and took with him. Insurance.

But that's just a guess.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

TDS is still alive and well, it seems.

The heavy-handed raid on Trump's Mar-e-Lago estate might even backfire, with Trump coming out of the episode looking better than before it started. At this point, the Democratic party and their supporters look distinctly unhinged. They will do anything to stop the Bad Orange Man, lol.

What real story is this a smokescreen for? - Trump wants to run again in 2024, and the Democrats don't want him to because Trump would likely beat Biden to get back into power. Raiding Trump's home to find anything - anything - incriminating would derail any future political ambitions that Trump may have.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm not so sure Democrats want to prevent him from running. Yes, I think he'd crush Biden in a rematch, especially with things going so badly right now. And it's likely to stay that way or get worse, since the fed really should keep raising interest rates to get inflation under control. That is the right long-term strategy, but you can ask Jimmy Carter what it does to re-election odds.

But the GOP has been trying to find ways to either marginalize Trump or convince him to step aside, and I think the party would face a potentially ruinous division if they can't. Or, if he steps aside but makes a lot of angry noise about it, it could also hurt the eventual GOP candidate. You could end up with the reverse of 2016. Dems were probably delighted that Trump was running back then, only to learn to their horror that he won the election.

I don't expect Biden to run (or to be allowed to run) in 2024. I also do not expect Kamala Harris to be the nominee, unless the Dems want to lose. I expect them to force both of them off the national stage and try to find someone who can win a race against a GOP turnout that is low or split due to anger over Trump, one way or another. If things are going as bad as they are now, it would likely be their only hope.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The heavy-handed raid on Trump's Mar-e-Lago estate might even backfire, with Trump coming out of the episode looking better than before it started. ~ LUHE

It seems that is exactly what is happening.

But the GOP has been trying to find ways to either marginalize Trump or convince him to step aside, ~ Tonus

At least the GOP Swamp Creatures. Trump never realized how many of his own party were working against him.

I don't expect Biden to run (or to be allowed to run) in 2024. I also do not expect Kamala Harris to be the nominee, unless the Dems want to lose. I expect them to force both of them off the national stage and try to find someone who can win a race against a GOP turnout
    WHO is "sitting on the bench" for the Dems that can come forward as a viable candidate? It's so shallow that even AOL has been suggested. (Speaking of shallow.)
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't know who the Democrats have that could step in and make them feel confident. The GOP has DeSantis, and I think he would win pretty easily if Trump is willing to step aside and endorse him. Or, if he could get DeSantis to agree to be his running mate, I think they'd steamroll whoever they faced, with the hope of priming the VP for his own run in 2028.

I think Hillary Clinton will make some noise, but I don't think she can win now, in part because I think her own party would not want her back. Some might put forth Michelle Obama, but she did not seem very involved in politics and would really only be banking on Democrats' good feelings about her husband's two terms. Other than that, many of the names don't inspire confidence. The younger ones, like Buttigieg or O'Rourke, have had limited success and don't strike me as strong candidates. Sanders looks even older than he is. Warren has too much baggage, and that is just the stuff that we know about. AOC is too young, isn't she? And far too radical in a time when far-left policies are seen as the cause of much of the current socioeconomic turmoil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit