Jehovah's Witnesses resume sidewalk carts after pandemic pause, soon will do door knocking

by Bangalore 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Years and years ago I quit meeting after Sunday meeting for service-by the time everyone got their lunch and out into the territory ( miles away ) you only got a door or two and people were ready to go home.

Awww the memories. Thanks for the reminder e is e. In the old days we would also do rural witnessing where we would take a sack lunch. Street witnessing in downtown Houston also comes to mind when I was a kid. We'd end up at James Coney Island for chili dogs on cold days.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You guys had it good. We were preaching door to door in the projects in the Bronx, NY. In the 80s and 90s. Dogs and angry door slamming were pretty far down the list of things we had to worry about.

But when I was very young, there was a nice bakery my mom would take us to sometimes after preaching or after a Sunday meeting. They made these little single-serve pies that were a dream come true for a child who had just gone through the boredom of either preaching or sitting through sermons.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Ooof. I do not miss going D to D in this sizzling hot and humid South Florida climate. Felt like I was melting at every door.

It must have been hilarious for someone looking out the window to see us racing from shade tree to shade tree (if we were lucky enough to even be in an area with shade trees).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Cart witnessing -- just going through the motions to claim they are "preaching: again. Have you heard of anyone studying and reaching baptism from cart witnessing?

Door to door -- it will result in even more rejection by homeowners IF they are home. So likely just more "windshielding" despite the price of gasoline.

WE ARE DOING A LIFE-SAVING WORK

THE END IS NEAR!

If I Yawn, Does That Mean I Am Tired?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How annoying for them. Just when they thought Armageddon(tm) was about to happen.....

Nothing!

Back to the thankless busy work.

DOC - Have you heard of anyone studying and reaching baptism from cart witnessing?

Nope. I bet the propaganda machine of the WBT$ will make claims about it which they can't evidence. We know they're lying about Andre again.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Now that I retired, I’m home. I can’t wait for them to come to my door. 😈

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BIAHI:

I’m retired more than several years and they haven’t come to my door yet in any place I’ve lived. To be honest, even before Covid I never saw them around like years ago.

It would be interesting if they did call.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m within 2 miles of a Kingdom Hall, so I’m hopeful.

• jhine
    jhine

Carts have been back by me for a good while now in the UK .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit