The Craziness of an Average Bible Study

by Number 6 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

Pale, that last one was great! I almost spit my coffee out!

• caves
    caves

I have an idea ,Hold my wine.... I live out in the boonies. Gets lonely, perhaps I should ask a jw over for a study for entertainment. Maybe smear lipstick on one eyebrow , wear a tie with a t-shirt, insist on listening to neahing horses in the background and wear skinny jeans that are way to tight. LOL.

I have seen some crazy stuff in a study. Glad it wasn't just me.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It seemed some Bible studies were conducted in the filthiest of homes. This one "sister" had a study with a woman who had such a filthy house,the sister she took with her,had to go outside to throw up. Her son came in the room with a dead rat,and the mother said," Oh,just throw it outside with the other ones."

I can't believe I actually agreed to go on return visits where there were roaches. We left our book bags in the car and took off our coats,so less chance ,we would take home some of them.

I went on a study that the young daughter just had a baby ,and she was wearing overalls,and was walking around the house topless. I get she was nursing her baby,but she wasn't nursing the whole time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

These are amazing stories and I would never have had the stomach to be near any of these people!

While I never personally met any of these extreme crazy types...I was brought along on a call or two to types who I could tell were a little off.

It seemed to me that the JWs who called on these people were expected to practically hold their hand. My impression was that it was too much work and mollycoddling which never really seemed to pay off as the people weren’t all that interested in coming to the hall by themselves.

I wasn’t really very sympathetic since I was not reached door to door. I figured if I could find my way to the hall so could somebody else!

In fact, I stopped a study with an older lady who I figured was a waste of time and just wanted the Witnesses to come over and chitchat because she was lonely. (In fact, she had heard that the Witnesses were a charitable organization. I had to correct her.)...She begged for somebody else to study with her! An older sister took it but told the woman flat out that this was serious and she had to make ‘progress’. Needless to say, it got nowhere and the study was stopped not too long after.

• careful
    careful

Number 6: thanks for the story.

"one night they brought her to the memorial and she was royally pissed, and I mean barely able to stand; and went up to the platform table and necked some wine."

I would either have bust a gut in laughter or killed myself suppressing my desire to do so.

MacHislopp, you mentioned the Brumley info was in the early 90s. Can you please provide more detail as the exact time and location (what court case)? Thanks in advance.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Coming to boasting sessions a cure for alcoholism? I don't think so. There are meditations one can do that would help with that, but Abrahamic religions have destroyed or corrupted them so they do not work. (At the direction of the reptilian race, I might add.)

All we have today is those meetings from AA to help alcoholics stay away from booze. It is not a cure (then again, because the reptilians really run this planet, cures are not allowed for anything including a simple headache), but it is far better than any washtowel boasting session. In fact, at the astral level, Christi-SCAM-ity is only going to make it worse.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was kind of lied to in my Bible study. But my congregation was made up of nice people. The elders were good at ducking and diving and brought studies in while dodging around the silly bits. I was booted out this year for sticking to the Bible and some of the others from my ex-congregation have come out/are in the process of leaving.

I had lots of calls but no one ever progressed and I'm not surprised. Regular calls liked having their Watchtowers delivered and a chat. Some people were in a mess and very chaotic. One sad young man I called on was an alcoholic. He'd lie on his bed, drinking cider and smoking cigarettes. He treasured the Bible his mother had given him and would speak fondly of the miracle of life and how amazing it was when his girlfriend's kittens were born.

Although we would try to read him bits from the Bible he never seemed to take it in or be able to remember what we spoke about. He was in a mental fog.

I had called on him for several months, then I saw the headline on the local newspaper. He had set the house on fire he was living in because he had fallen asleep with a cigarette in his hand. The people in the flat above him survived. But he did not.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Number 9My take on it is also that going door to door, the JW's only seriously seem to engage in people with personality disorders or very needy people just looking for company but who by the nature of their personality defects, never would be ideal witness candidtates.
    Absolutely agree. The sad thing is, many of these folks hold on to aspects of this belief system for many years, which only damages them further and lowers their already destroyed self-worth.

Keeping the lonely company is the one small good some witnesses do, like Anna Marina did. You’re a good soul Anna,Wish there were more like YOU in life.

We had an alcoholic lady we had to buy this “Barley wine” cans for because she would fit if she didn’t get alcohol. She had lost kids to social services. She was a ghost of her former self, terribly damaged and hurting 😥
  • Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

A woman having a bible study attended our Kingdom Hall when I was in my teens. My Mum told me that this woman had an addiction of staring at the bulge in men's trousers to see what side their penis was on and she was praying to God to help her overcome this addiction! She visited our home and sat at the dining room table talking to my Mum and then my Dad arrived home from work. The woman said 'hello' to him and her eyes went straight down to his crotch.... I cried with laughter! :-D xxx

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@WT Wizard...were you a born in or a bible study convert?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit