How did it come to this?

by New day 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

ThomasMore, thank you for your kind words

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Wow!! Incredible post and comments by everyone!! Baptized in the early 1980's and left after a 2013 WT. I can truly empathize with everyone of "THIS GENERATION".

Really makes you wonder how anyone could stay in after reading Crisis of Conscience and the Generation Teaching change.

A prominent elder in Los Angeles (unsolicitly) told me a few years ago (at his mother's funeral) that he was going to KEEP Going because this is all that he knew.

Keep Chasing ya dreams everyone!! Despite being 50+; Chase those dreams!!

• New day
    New day

Thank you everyone for the encouraging replies. Some of you may have thought that when I said I am now a non entity that I meant that was how I feel about myself. I meant that is how I am probably viewed in JW circles. Personally I think I have a good take on self worth. I work in education and see results for my efforts in those I teach. This reinforces my self confidence and tells me that I don’t need a controlling organization to tell me how I should feel about myself.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEW DAY:

I don’t know about you, but I was not raised in the Witness religion. I came in as a young working adult.

I never saw myself as a ‘non entity’. I probably was viewed as one though back in the day because I refused to quit a full-time job to take up housecleaning/pioneering like other single women there.

No, I kept my self-esteem (that everybody should have) and never allowed anybody’s opinions to dictate how I ‘should’ view myself. I am sure this bothered some people there but they certainly weren’t looking out for my well-being and I never lost sight of this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit