Breaking News - NK Missile Overflies Japan

by cofty 114 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Morpheus, I knew that. You posted about it on another thread but I don't think that HH understands the chessboard. I also don't believe that Trump is learning about China. He knew.

News:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/29/asia/north-korea-missile-launch-guam-threat/index.html

"And therefore those skilled in the art of war, bring the enemy into the battlefield instead of being brought there by him." -Sun Tzu, The art of war

• Hecce
    Hecce

The top dogs in that part of the world were the Japanese, they invaded Korea around the 16 century and were constantly raiding their towns and seaports. Finally they conquered the peninsula at the end of the 19th century, deposed the emperor and made Korea and portions of China puppet states.

Japan was defanged after WW2 but with time everything changes and who knows, it might in the strategic interest of the US to let Japan rearm again.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Japan has been sold f35’s, americas latest greatest state of the art stealth fighter

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Fisherman: Chess... what is that... is that the game where you write a letter to China and ask their president to move the other persons king into a checkmate for no good reason?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Chess. What move should the US make?

China and NK are consorts. US and China are business partners but enemies, rivals. Sanctions by China on NK are a show and China is forced to do it but they work it out. If China did not want NK to do what they are doing, China would not have to use sanctions. It was China who gave NK the tech to use against the US.

Read Morpheus posts - he convinced me.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Fisherman: lol, if you believe these weak sanctions will make NK reverse an almost completed nuclear program you are 110% delusional. The rest of your post is word salad.

US should offer an ultimatum, then tomahawk the shit out of their nuclear program if they persist.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Here we go , a discussion thread that ends up in a debate against two or three opposing sides that goes on for pages and pages getting nowhere.

Is it just me ?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The events of the last two days indicate to me no sanctions or diplomacy will work, or is even wanted.

Military action, in whatever form is inevitable...be it strikes against the nuclear capabilities of NK or even an assassination attempt on Kim military action is where it is heading.

Some are saying Kim is simply flexing his muscles so as to be taken more seriously around the diplomacy table...I'm not buying that.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

HH, NK has NuKs and that's that, even though you think that they "should not be allowed to have" them. And the US can do nothing about it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

-Let alone NK- I don't think that Russia nor China should be allowed to have nukes, but tipped ICBM are not cookies or toys that can be taken away from children.

If the US goes to war with NK at this time, it will be one of the biggest blunders ever made in American history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit