Any updates on the org's $4000 per day fine?

by The Searcher 67 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

The proceedings have been stated since Auslgust when the court of appeals accepted the case on appeals because of the sanctions. At question is if Watchtower can force CCJW to turn over their documents since CCJW is not a named party in the case. Also there is a question of what the court of appeals meant when they said in Lopez, third party information can be redacted. The question is can accused, witnesses, elders, Congregation and cities information can be redacted. Initial opening briefs are do in late February

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

And those are legitimate questions, at least the court thinks so, that in the Lopez case, Lopez asked for sanctions for the same violations. That court in Lopez has stayed their hearing until March for a fuller hearing and to hear Watchtower summary judgement argument in that one as well.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Richard,

Always in the know. Are you a lowly publisher or a man with privileges in the congregation? Are you a low ranking Bethelite? Are you a high ranking Bethelite? Are you a hired public relations agent?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I am just someone who looks at court websites. U can look yourself. I also paid the 60 bucks for the Lopez filings for the protective order. If anyone wants them I am sure I can send them, I don't think they are copyrighted and there is no danger in distributing the ones I purchased

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Richard send them to the law firm that is running the ad's, come to think of it, you are so brilliant and knowledgeable about everything and everyone eles on this board is an idiot and does not have a clue about law's and how they work only you and Landy do. We all bow to your vast knowledge.

I am surprised that when you called the law firm on Monday they didn't offer you a job on the spot.

Oh right I forgot it's not a true law firm that running the ad's but only a intake dummy sitting in a cubicle seeing what fish it might catch. With your vast knowledge and intelligence you would never stoop to coming out of your parents basement to work for a stupid law firm like that.

I do have to wonder since the law's according to you are totally on the side of the JW's and since you feel that the way they handle the child molesters in the "truth" boy it turns my stomach to call it that, but I understand that you view it that way, but since your post's clearly indicate that you see no problem with the way JW"s, the GB, etc handle child molesters why are you trying to detract one's from these ad's, and $4,000 a day payment.

Unless in your gut you really are worried that your precious Jehovah's Witnesses might truly be in trouble.

LITS

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Life is too short. I just stated the facts with no spin. Those are facts. The padron case is on appeal and there is a stay in proceedings at the trial court level. And the judge in the Lopez is hearing a motion for summary judgment and stayed the ex parte hearing on the sanctions. Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean it isn't true.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You know, I'm not a huge Richard Oliver fan myself, but if he's just bringing facts, we shouldn't hate on him. That's like JWs hating on us for bringing facts. Inconvenient or unpleasant facts are still facts. At least this time he's seemingly just brought out things from the courts without as much personal input. Otherwise we just look like a cult of purely anti-JW people without sense of reason. Yeah, Watchtower not being able to control CCJW is total bullshit reasonably, but it may just be that those slimy, disgusting people found a legal loophole. It's not Richard Oliver's fault, and I say this despite not liking the guy much. Courts deal in legalities more than emotion. Watchtower and CCJW are sickening, but they *may* have a legal out in this case.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

On Saturday 10 December 2016, Trey Bundy said: "In June, Strauss ordered the Watchtower to pay $4,000 a day until it complied with the court’s order. The Watchtower is appealing."

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

The trial court proceedings are on stayed. The order for sanctions are stayed because padron has received the watchtower documents, though redacted, so now it is up to the appeals court to determine how much padron gets and how redacted it is. According to California rules of evidence any sanctions over 5000 dollars can be appealed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit