My 14-year-old niece is being disfellowshipped

by keyser soze 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Just awful ,

Jan

• tiki
    tiki
    A little teenage kid...difficult time at best and they go and disfellow them.....and cut them off from the only support system they know....that is child abuse. That little girl should get into counseling with a real professional because the repercussions from this abusive treatment could produce some very bad outcomes for her. Do everything you can to help her.....please....
  • atomant
    atomant
    So baptized at 11 diso at 14. Could have just as easily been diso at 11. ELEVEN. For gods sake wake up you GB family exterminaters.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am horrified to hear of this child abuse. On the other hand, I am not surprised. I wish there was some law that could take the WBT$ to court and rinse the money out of them.

It's times like these I think the death penalty is too kind for the governing body for crimes against humanity.

They need taking to task and destroying.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I agree with nathan here. In the here and now her being shunned is tough. I think its great that you were asked to spend some time with her! The reality is she was raised as a dub. You have been given an opportunity!! Jump on that!

This is her life, accept it and move forward!

pbrow

• steve2
    steve2

Nathan - I realize my sense of humor may have been too subtle. I should have made it more obvious that you were not quoting me and passing it off as your own. Who knows who came up with that line first?

I too have often expressed that view that baptism is not the end but more like the beginning of the end - the first step out of the organization

• mana11
    mana11

This needs to be made public.

Can you extract her to give support?.

I know of this happening twice and both persons lives ended in suicide.

So Sad

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I would think this kind of situation could result in the Borg being liable in a civil lawsuit or even facing legal charges. I don't think a minor can enter a legal contract and consequently I don't see how they can be sanctioned for somehow not living up to that contract. And then there's the whole issue of the emotional, mental suffering this kind of policy inflicts on a young person. Heartless bastards.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit