My 14-year-old niece is being disfellowshipped

by keyser soze 47 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I was contacted by my ex sister-in-law yesterday. She asked me if I wanted to spend some time with my niece, while she went to her sister's baby shower. It turns out my niece can't go because she's about to be disfellowshipped at the ripe old age of 14.

It just boggles my mind that they can treat someone who's still just a child in such a way. It was so cute, and precious, when she was an unbaptized publisher at 10, and baptized at 11. Then puberty and teen angst came along, and it wasn't so cute and precious anymore. The worst part is that she's acting out because her mom went out of her way to make sure her dad(my brother) couldn't have a relationship with her, and now she misses having her dad around.

I know it's been said many times on this forum, but I really hate this fucking cult!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Wow. Just at the age when social connection and peers mean the world to you.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So they remove the father from the equation, then eventually social "execute" her?

Sickening. I'm very sorry for her.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Sorry keyser - it really is just horrible.

Wait I got an idea! - let's practically force little kids to live by a set of rules they have no idea about, are not mentally ready to process or understand, and then lets punish them harshly when the act on normal feelings a few years later!

Oh darn, the WT beat me to it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Have to agree on to the discriminatory way the WTS treats and exploits young vulnerable teens.

If they aren't instilling fear inducing lies to create their own public literature distributors they are telling them that the world is going to end soon and all their non-jws are going to die soon.

Morally sicken one might say.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It turns out my niece can't go because she's about to be disfellowshipped at the ripe old age of 14. It just boggles my mind that they can treat someone who's still just a child in such a way.

............................../.... Jehovah`s Witness Cult..

Image result for heartless bastards club

/////

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Sorry to hear such sad news. The cult cuts off kids from the real world and now this child will be cut off from the cult! How can anyone survive such cruel isolation? This is psychological child abuse.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This is the end of the vast majority of those who are baptized young. Now all will turn their back thus causing major psychological damage.

As much as the WTBTS tries to decipher biblical facts, they sure have not understood that perhaps the reason why JC got baptized at such a mature age was to make absolutely sure he knew what he was getting into willfully.

Then he proceeded to instruct in the Bible to follow on his footsteps. Does the WTBTS follow his example in this regard?! Of course not, they only care about their membership numbers.

My heart aches for all our young disfellowshipped.

Shame on the WTBTS and all parents who allow this to happen.😔

DY

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

This really saddens me.

Hopefully your brother can use this as an opportunity to bond and support your neice. Maybe she will start to see this religion for what it really is.

• helpmeout
    helpmeout
    This is one of the most despicable things about this cult. My 16 year old daughter was not baptized. The elders have been total assholes. They have tried to bully and cajole my wife and me. The have interfered with our family and caused much needless stress and anxiety. The good news is that my wife is slowly waking up to the truth about this destructive cult. My daughter has decided that she wants nothing to do with it. I can just imagine the pressure and bullying we would have to endure if these idiot men had the power to disfellowship my daughter. As it stands, they have only the power we allow them. They systematically use disfellowshipping to emotionally blackmail old and young alike. However, in the case of young people, this is especially reprehensible. I was a born in and am slowly trying to extricate myself from this harmful cult while trying to keep my family in tact. I applaud others in similar circumstances and wish you all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit