My 14-year-old niece is being disfellowshipped

by keyser soze 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Absolutesbeginners
    Absolutesbeginners

Of course it is "child abuse "

But GOD watch it !!!

and he is going to make troubles !!!!!

( i was joking ..)

Of course . God is on holidays with his ( only ) son....

BE BACK SOON ... ; ) ( on the door)

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    This example highlights WHY parents need to stop pushing their kids into baptism to show them of as trophies. Any parents reading this sad situation with this 14 year old child, need to realise that Watchtower has an extreme punishment policy toward all those disfellowshipped regardless of age or wrongdoing. Shunning will come into effect whether you are 14 or 90 years of age. Shunning will come into effect if you are disfellowshipped no matter what. It doesnt matter how big or small the offence is. Watchtowers Shunning policy doesn't discriminate. If disfellowshipped for robbing a bank, you are shunned. If disfellowshipped for trivialities such as simply not agreeing with a teaching eg 1914...you are shunned. Parents, please don't encourage your child to get baptised into the organisation until they are at least a grown adult and can make their own minds up. I feel very sorry for this 14 year old girl. Christian love does not abuse children in this way!
  • talesin
    talesin

She will know that uncle will be there for her. I've had some recent contact - don't give up hope! Let her know she is good enough, and loved. So sorry to read this. Perhaps, in the end, it will mean she will escape the cult, though the next few years will be rough. She will have you. xx

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    then people wonder why i take as many teaching books and mags from the carts as possible and then trash them,if i can save just one person from having to go through this it will have been worth it.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Oh the bastards! So kick her out at 14 and what happens to her school work( not that the wt gives a fig) so her schooling suffers then any prospects for life are shipwrecked. This is child abuse. You guys need a royal commission!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Someone posted a topic why are we so hard on JW's, not sure if the was the exact

wording but this is why.. It's a evil organization.

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent, congratulations! The first step in becoming an XJW (and getting your life back) is baptism.

Let's hope her future is one of self-realization, fulfillment, achievement & joy.

I like that Nathan quotes me in the first line because I have long said on this forum that the first step to leaving the organization is getting baptized (because it is for many a big fat anticlimax).

Given that her disfellowshipping has happened - and that is is deplorable - let us hope this opens your niece's eyes.

We would honestly have a different type of problem if the organization suddenly became overtly concerned, supportive and loving towards young people. Sure, the young ones would find it strange but it would make decisions to leave and stay away even harder.

At least when you're kicked out you may be more inclined to start working out things for yourself (if you haven't already) and be prepared to taking a good, hard look at the plain harsh stupidity of jw organization. One thing's for sure: Once disfellowshipped, the individual is never the same again - even if later reinstated, they seldom ever (want to) return to their most zealous state.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Which country?
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    steve2 proudly claimed, "The first step in becoming an XJW (and getting your life back) is baptism. I like that Nathan quotes me..."
    Steve2, you have said things I agree with, and things I do not agree with. I can't agree with the conclusioon you have leapt to here.
    I was unaware that I was "quoting you." I myself have used the phrase many times, and I don't recall ever thinking to myself, "I'm going to steal that phrase..."
    I've been here 4 years longer than you. When you use the word "THE" are you quoting me?
    Want to engage in a contest for the dated easter-egg?

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

I am not a Shrink but we do have 3 adopted children in our family and one of the spinoffs is the anger and angst that comes with feelings of abandonment by a parent - In the case of one of the boys - his mom is around but he gets very angry and also does crazy things- Including setting things on fire [we may be over that phase ...???? et c etc .

My point being you have got to be dealing with the human being in her totality - Emotional/ Spiritual/ Intellectual / Sexual [especially does a girl need her "dad" going into teen years - I have a grown -up daughter - its vital for her development - Now this girl is being wrenched from that vital next step in her growth !

But its just so easy to press the BIG RED BUTTON of Df'ing isn't it !

Posts like this are not good for me - I get very very angry !

I am so sorry to hear of this keyser soze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit