My 14-year-old niece is being disfellowshipped

by keyser soze 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Excellent, congratulations! The first step in becoming an XJW (and getting your life back) is baptism.

Let's hope her future is one of self-realization, fulfillment, achievement & joy.

• contramundum
    contramundum

How sad.

My daughter wanted to become a publisher and work towards baptism around age 9 or 10. I thought she was too young and not mature enough to realise the implications. I am so glad she didn't persevere. She too went through a tough time from age 14 and would have been df'd.

If that had happened, I would have felt severe pressure to abandon her when she needed me most. WT practice of shunning, especially regarding young people is very cruel

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    What is disgusting and wrong is that a 14 year old can enter into such an unfair contract without any impartial independent advice. She's virtually being bullied and emotionally hurt because she drifted into becoming a baptised witness. To be cut off from friends and family is verging on emotional abuse, child abuse....As for her parents, this just confirms prophecy...'having no natural affection'... Have they and others thought of the possible consequences of this on a young girl of 14? Are they willing to comply with this shunning nonsense and abandon her to misery and possible self harm (or worse..) etc etc? .This is wrong. Just plain wrong. Unacceptable.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    reminds me of that artichle mentioned her on this forum that was fondled by an elder eventually couldn't take not being believed by her mom and told her she didn't want to go to meetings anymore. So the elders dfd her and her mom threw her away giving her up to the state. Its really sick how religion can have so much control over people.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And what is the worst a 14 can do?

Be "arrogant and unrepentant" when interrogated by three older men in a locked room??

Was she perhaps feeling threatened and intimidated by that experience, and overwhelmed with emotions that a 14 year old cant process?

Yep...seems fair ......

• Absolutesbeginners
    Absolutesbeginners

"Disfelow " at 14een

GOOD !!

She goes FAST ! i am jealous !!

Life is short !!

Clever girl !!

Run AWAY from them .

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Isn't it child abuse for 3 men to interrogate a 14 year old on her own?

new lows every day

years ago as an elder such things were under authority of parents and not the congregation

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yes, by all means, cut off a hormone-happy, emotionally-roller-coastered minor from the only support system she's ever known.

That'll definitely set her straight.

Morons.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Baptism is such a protection . . . . . NOT!!!!

Horrible. So sad to hear this happened, but hopefully some good will come out of it.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Baptism is such a protection

From absolutely nothing. In the real world, the very idea of being submersed in bleached tap water as a symbol of anything other than getting wet is absurd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit