My 14-year-old niece is being disfellowshipped

by keyser soze 47 Replies latest jw friends

• faithnomore
    faithnomore
    Hopefully you can continue to support her buy showing love and kindness even if your still in. You will never regret it and as long as you don't advertise it you should be fine.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Pathetic. I hope she's no longer going to the meetings, it would only intensify the humiliation.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Hi KS--good to see you posting again--even though its a sore subject.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Oh how sad!
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    absolute heartless lunacy , hope she is supported and gets through it, no 14 year old should have to deal with such life changing issues like this
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My heart goes out to your family at this time.......don't they know that boys will be boys and girls will be girls?....No, I guess they don't know .

It just goes to show the utter insanity of this present crop of G B members and their reforming policies. Back in the day, some time in the Seventies a parent approached our wise old P/Overseer saying that her early teen daughter wanted to be baptized. He commended her warmly but told the parent that any normal teenage shenanigans could lead to D/f... He told them to put it off .

They don't have overseers like that any more

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Hopefully your brother can use this as an opportunity to bond and support your neice.

Unfortunately, he moved out of state after she took the kids half way across the country, and he lost his job. In fact, that was her initial reason for contacting me, to find out how to get a hold of him. They are in communication now, so we'll see what happens.

Hopefully you can continue to support her buy showing love and kindness even if your still in.

I've been out, myself, for over ten years. As much as I would like to be able to tell her it's all bs, I'm just happy to spend whatever time with her I can.

Hi KS--good to see you posting again--even though its a sore subject.

I still check in from time to time, but I'm trying to distance myself from anything JW related as much as possible. Occasionally, such as now, I need to come on here and vent.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Pathetic. I hope she's no longer going to the meetings, it would only intensify the humiliation.

They moved back home, with her uber-zealous parents. Her mom is in the process of getting a place, but even then my niece is stuck going to the meetings. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

14 years old and getting disfellowshipped, then being shunned!

If there is a God...if you're out there somewhere...do something...damn-it!

This is sad and sick behavior on the part of the WTBTS!

• label licker
    label licker
    Keyser, this is so so sad. Be there for her. I have a niece that got df'd at sixteen and she is almost forty now. Her parents haven't spoken once to her in that time. She has a sister who just got df'd. She is pregnant and living with a guy and has just him for her friend. She can't even call her mother if she has questions concerning health issues that might run in the family. They are both really nice girls but really messed up when it comes to trusting anyone or having relationships. The one girl had broken down in the middle of Toronto with her car and she couldn't even call a family member for help. Had it not been for a kind taxi driver that paid for her motel room and got her to where she would be safe, this org would have been blood guilty had anything happened to her. She was terrified. Again, I say this, let her know you will always be there for her anytime of night or day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit