$5.5 Million to be transferred to World Wide Work from Assembly Hall fund

by Sour Grapes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

let's face it, most of them won't even care

Yep, just like the response I most often heard when I complained about the high cost of the Cir Assms -- "The GB needs the money. It takes a lot to keep it all running efficiently."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

What happens if there are people who vote against a resolution?

IDK about other congregations, but in the one where I am located I have seen the "resolutions" in the file. Being FedUp with the whole shooting match I ALWAYS vote "against" every resolution since I began voting with my pocketbook. The ones I saw had two spots, one marked FOR:____ and one marked AGAINST:____. The "FOR" line simply has ALL written in, and the "AGAINST" line had NONE written. Damned liars on top of being thieves!

• pontoon
    pontoon

WT doesn't sell anything in order to generate revenue like these other successful corporations

JW Gone Bad....... That's not quite right. Watchtower Corporation sells a hope of everlasting life. They made themselves a middleman for that "biblical hope" true or not, that is their product, what they sell, and according to them they ONLY have the exclusive right to market the hope.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I didn't read the whole thread, but SBF's comment

Moves like this, confiscating an Assembly Hall fund, do not indicate prudent long term strategy, they indicate measures of last resort, or panic.

Make me think more along the lines of who is ultimately in charge of the finances, or beneficiaries of them ( legal?) , now cashing in on the cash cow. The writing on the wall is seen. They are trying to redistribute $$ to protect it from court cases, imho. Plus, also knowing the donations are dwindling.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I like the comments that the Witchtower Babel and Trick Society doesn't sell anything anymore (except Kingdom Halls) and rely on contributions. I could see a time in the near future when they charge a monthly fee to enjoy the monthly online productions. Like Netflix. the Watchtower Company could have OrgFlix or JWOrgFlix. The flock would pay $10 per month subscription for the privilege of seeing the Gibbering Booty in action with all of the wonderful songs and videos.

Sour Grapes

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

sour grapes, I see that coming that as well. Tithing under a WT name

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The flock would pay $10 per month subscription for the privilege of seeing the Gibbering Booty in action with all of the wonderful songs and videos.

They would make it a DF offense to share an account online without sending in funds for each person, encouraging family to turn each other in for doing that.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This same thing happened with planned assembly hall for Rome Georgia. In around 2012 they were collecting fund and even had separate boxes for that, to collect funds for it. There were letters posted about how much was collected, around several million. Then in early 2013 a letter was read stating that the project was cancelled and the funds collected would go to the WWW.

• LV101
    LV101

The funds confiscated by the mother cult is unbelievable! Millions collected -- what a set up by the cult and the flock continues to give and give trying to win the approval of the despots -- just like toxic parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit