Three Things Witnesses Will Admit

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yes, Gary, I remember the scripture, which says that Jesus came to divide; to pit father against son and mother against daughter, etc. JW's use it all the time.

Say, just what kind of person was he anyway????? He must have been a JW for sure.

• Loris
    Loris

#1 Yup Prozac Queen here. Funny thing is. My prescription ran out a few months after I left. I am doing fine now. (Don’t try this at home kids without consulting your Dr)

#2 I concur with Gopher

There weren't enough exemplary children, and no exemplary families.

Just before leaving last June I had noticed that they were having to ‘make up’ a family for stage parts. An older married couple would borrow a youngster from a single parent to do the part on the service meeting.

#3 Love! It makes me think of the lyrics of the old Rod Steward song It’s All Right Now

I took her home to my place
    Watching every move on her face
    She said look what's your game
    Are you trying to put me in shame
    I said slow don't talk so fast
    Don't you think that love can last
    She said love Lord above
    Now you're trying to trick me in love

We were tricked into thinking it was love but it was just lust. Lust for our lives, our money, and our children.

He said that being a JW was difficult as you often had to choose between your family and the 'Truth' and you would be persecuted for the rest of your life.

Another case of equating the WTS with God or Jesus

Loris

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

My husband has told me quite clearly that he would choose the "Truth" over me if forced to choose. He sees it as a test. To me (I have never been a JW) it seems that EVERYTHING with this group is a test. Your family vs. THEM, Your job vs. THEM, Your education vs. THEM, Your sanity vs. THEM. They don't want you to have anything else at all.

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Worldlygirl,

Very astute of you to notice this point. A sore point for many of us.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an idiot! I know I'm "preaching to the choir" so to speak. I am learning so much from you guys, though . . . this is the only place I have found any help and support. Thanks!!

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Worldygirl,

You made a very good observation. One that is central to Watchtower indoctrination, and is not apparent to those who have been indoctrinated. Sorry if it sounded like I was putting you down, that was not my intention.

I understand how you feel. Sometimes its like living in a bad dream, isn't it?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Rebel, you wrote:

I don't know anyone who objects to their family members mixing with JWs or even becoming a JW.

I object . . . . because I have been there. When my wife was a practicing JW I didn't even have a marriage. I had a live in book salesperson and a part time cook and almost no company as she was gone to publishing corporation sponsored activities or to private social things that I was excluded from. If she had continued, I would have sought other living arrangements.

When my sons started practicing, they started to snub and shun me while they were living with me and while they asked me for favors and money. Based on my past experience, I would never want to live with a Jehovah's Witness ever again.

I don't know anyone who dislikes JWs.

I dislike them very much. I dislike them more than I dislike any other group in the world. I have nothing but contempt for them and their book publishing corporation. They have cultivated me into their enemy for life by their dishonesty, their fatal medical advise, their protecting their errors and omissions, and their treatment of me and people who are important to me.

gary

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sentinel, You wrote:

Say, just what kind of person was he anyway????? He must have been a JW for sure.

He had just graduated from university with most school and living expenses paid by me and he was looking for an excuse to dump me out of his life and the Jehovah's Witnesses gave it to him. He is a JW of the worst kind. He has disowned us for a religious book publishing corporation of a secular nature, prone to speculation and error. I am glad to be rid of him. The family is much better off without him and his condescending attitude. I have more time and recourses available for the two non-JW sons and their families.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    My husband has told me quite clearly that he would choose the "Truth" over me if forced to choose. He sees it as a test.

I guess I've never put my wife ina situation where she had to choose. Just let her know that If I plan an activity that overlapps a WT sponsored event, that it's clear that I'll go without her rather than let my life revolve around the WT schedule.

I would be heartbroken if my wife ever told me that to my face though and I'd probably start looking for other living arrangements. If she feels that strongly about them, though I love her, I'm more than willing to step aside and let them pay her bills.

• rebel
    rebel

Garybuss,

I understand why you dislike the JW organisation, but you can't dislike all JWs. After all, most on this board were JWs once. I know I was. I still am, technically, as I am not DFd or DAd yet (just a matter of time though). I am not a bad, horrible, evil person. As a practising JW, I didn't want to harm anyone or break up families - I truly believed it was the only acceptable way to please God. When I found out that it wasn't, I opted out. That doesn't make me a bad person. My husband and son are JWs. I love them with all my heart. They are not bad people.

What I was trying to say was that JWs always say that the hatred comes from non-JWs against them. I am saying that it is the other way around. I have never met anyone that HATES JWs just because they happen to be JWs. I don't see this rampant persecution that my husband talks about. I don't see people actively stirring up trouble for JWs - most people I know will talk to them when they call and are polite to them. People on the outside do not know about the corruption or hateful policies so why would they hate JWs or persecute them. I know of some individual JWs who make me sick because they are arrogant and unloving and cruel. I also know of some RCs, C of E people, Muslims, Jews etc who are arrogant and unloving and cruel. That doesn't mean that all people of those religions are bad. We are all individuals.

I hate the WTS and what it does to people. But I don't hate JWs - many are misguided and will end up contributing to a forum like this eventually. I understand that you have suffered at the hands of some JWs, but there are many that are good and kind and are trying to do what is right. These are the ones that will eventually escape the clutches of the WTS and realise that there is a better way to live.

If my husband and son want to carry on as JWs, what right is it of mine to stop them. By doing this, I would be behaving in exactly the same way as the hateful organisation they belong to. I will worship in my way, they can do the same. Everyone has a right to choose. As long as they don't try to force me to join in their form of worship (which hubby does but hopefully he will give up eventually as it will get him nowhere) I won't try to force my views on them. To say that you hate a group of people just because they belong to a certain religion is wrong. Hate the organisation by all means, but don't hate the members, many of whom are too scared to leave for fear of what will happen to them. If you have a partner, children, granchildren etc in the organisation, to leave is a huge wrench and takes a lot of guts and courage because they know they will be shunned by their family and friends. It is a horrible situation to be in.

Just my thoughts

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit