The Cross & Crown on Watch Tower

by BoogerMan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

Every major religious denomination and church group has used the cross and crown emblem.

From Catholic to Lutheran to Southern Baptist, there is nothing even mildly unusual about it

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Umm... all religion is a snare and a racket. Wasn't that the WT message?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If you want to bank a lot of money set up a religion.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The old time Bible Students also had a lapel pin of the cross and crown which they liked to wear to conventions, etc. I posit the theory that Rutherford's move to discredit the cross and replace it with the stake was a deliberate move to alienate the Russelite/Bible Students.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Nobody`s mentioned that Russell was apparently a Zionist believer also ?

• Earnest
    Earnest

Anna Marina : Earnest, if it was 1891 then that was the same year C T Russell wrote a letter that contained a reference to Baron Rothschild.

I presume you are referring to the letter Russell sent to Baron Maurice de Hirsch which was published in the December 1891 Watchtower in an article A New Government for Palestine Proposed. A copy of the letter was sent to Baron Rothschild as one of the "leading Hebrews of the World" and a leading proponent of the Zionist movement, promoting industrialization and economic development in Palestine.

Russell wrote the letter in August, 1891, while he was in Palestine "considering the prospects of the soon fulfillment of the predictions of the prophets" :

As you will see from my books, we find the testimony of the prophets to be, that your nation will be greatly blessed and returned to divine favor between now and the year 1915, A. D. ... We believe that the Lord's Word teaches that the people are to be in great part gathered into the land of Palestine.

Russell's suggestion was that wealthy Hebrews purchase from Turkey, at a fair valuation, all of her property interests in Syria and Palestine; i.e. all the Government lands (lands not held by private owners), under the provision that Syria and Palestine shall be constituted a free state.

Of course Rothschild would be included among the "wealthy Hebrews". Your implication this had anything to do with the Cross & Crown on the Watchtower cover is ludicrous. In fact, both Hirsch (who founded the Jewish Colonization Association on September 11, 1891) and Rothschild were largely involved in establishing Jewish communities in Ottoman Turkey, although not quite to the extent that Russell had proposed.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Smiddy - if you look at the link

Financial Wizards & Wealthy Cults The Rothschild Bloodline AND Connection to JW's. (jehovahs-witness.com)

JakeM2012 shares this (and Vienne points out the letter was not to Rothschild but references him):-

I was doing research on the political powers in the U.S. and what exactly was the drive, goals, and ambitions between the different parties. I stumbled upon information regarding the Illuminati/Rothchild Family having great power throughout the world with different parties and the Rothchild's goal to have a New World Order from hundreds of years back and how they were involved in Satanic worship. It was interesting to see that C.T. Russell supported them even writing a letter to Lord Rothchild in 1891.

Didn't Lord R want to get Israel? I understand the Zionists at one point were offered Uganda but felt the background history of that country did not suit their purposes.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Earnest thank you for sharing the information you have. It is appreciated.

Regarding the cross and crown symbol it is a Knight Templar symbol. They do have connections going back to the Crusades and their other symbol is the double cross. Certainly Watchtower double crosses Christians with their false teachings.

From the time that the 'Jews' who were not Jews in the way Peter and Paul were Jews, lost Israel/Jerusalem, there has been a desire on their part to get back that which the God of Abraham removed from them. This connects in some ways to both the Crusades and the Knights Templars. Also as far as I understand, the establishment of Mohammedanism. That religion sprang out of nowhere historically, but references certain aspects of Jewish history.

Part of Mohammedanism is Sufism. Theo Sufism was set up by Madam Blavatsky in the late 1800. All Watchtower's false doctrines have their roots in Theo Sufism. You even see the same winged symbol with a circle in it on the front of some of their literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit