Many of the atheists are doing better than religionists!

by anointed1 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Yeah. That's what people usually say when they just can't come back with a better one. Game over now.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Yeah. That's what people usually say when they just can't come back with a better one. Game over now.

I didn't need a "better" anything. I had observational reality, facts, evidence and your own words to support me. The "game" never started, you lost before it began when you put ink to paper.

• DJS
    DJS

@anointed1: "A person who does not believe in god has no obligation to care for anyone whereas a person who believes in god feels obliged to care for others."

That sense of obligation isn't very strong it appears:

A 2012 study conducted by the University of California at Berkley found that compassion consistently drove less religious people to be more generous. For highly religious people, compassion was largely unrelated to how generous they were (a sense of obligation seems to be the reason). The findings, published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, suggest that religion can actually make its adherents less compassionate, as they often judge the unfortunate as deserving of their plight.

In a 2015 study conducted by the University of Chicago, nonreligious kids seem to be more giving and altruistic. The study looked at 1170 children from around the world. Children from religious homes—particularly Muslims—also showed a greater inclination to judge someone’s misdeeds as wrong and punish the perpetrators. The study, the first large-scale analysis of its kind, suggests that religion and moral behavior don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand for children.

“Our findings support the notion that the secularization of moral discourse does not reduce human kindness. In fact it does just the opposite,” says Jean Decety, a developmental neuroscientist at the University of Chicago, in Illinois, and the study’s lead author.

• DJS
    DJS

Aren't you the same David Jay that was whining a few weeks ago that I had been mean to you on a post a long, long time ago (sorry I don't remember our intercourse, I mean discourse, but there have been so many. But who's counting, right? And apparently it meant a lot more to you than it did to me. But I'm used to that).

@David Jay: "Sorry, I tried to accept what you wrote but I couldn't get my head as far up my ass as you got yours. Probably need to have parents who are siblings like you in order to do that."

Methinks the pot is guilty of calling the kettle black. You bully, you. But hey, Viviane is in the process of kicking your ass, so I will sit back and enjoy. I'm likely to remember this one. Please continue.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    But hey, Viviane is in the process of kicking your ass, so I will sit back and enjoy. I'm likely to remember this one. Please continue.

I wasn't sure whether the obliviousness to reality, poor understanding of history or grammar was worse.

• DJS
    DJS

Yes, yes it was. From Dog's OP "So what ideology/philosophy/religion do you align with now?" David Jay's commentary regarding DJS:

"That's even worse, isn't it? Suddenly reducing people to hateful speech are just the "wise cracks" we make. But should this other person say similar things, well then that is immoral!

If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it is not a "wise ass," even if it labels itself that way. That sir, is a duck."

Quack, quack hypocrite. And your little dog too.

• never a jw
    never a jw

“With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion." Steven Weinberg

good JW's who adhere to the Watchtower's shunning policies are living proof of the quote above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit