Hi everyone!

by cognac 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Glad to hear things are going well and that you're adjusting.

We've been focusing on building new relationships and strengthening old ones this year and it has been great. We have more people wanting to do things with us than we have time, and that's such a change from the old JW days. We went camping with some people and that was a first for us, going out camping with "worldly people", even though we've done other things with them before. They were on weed and wine, and one guy brought mushrooms, things that would have made us uncomfortable in the past, but we had fun and they did their thing while we were sober. We played games and laughed until they cried, and it was a good time. It is so nice to have that "live and let live" mentality where everyone can be themselves and do what they want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

My wife is having a first birthday party. I know you and her have texted back and forth before in the past so you know who she is. She is really excited and we're going to rent a place for it this Sunday. It should be a good time and it's so nice to have people to invite that actually want to be there and support her.

Life outside the Borg is so great. We love our new life. I wish the same for everyone that escapes their hold.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Hey. Ive been wondering where you've been. Good to see you.

Siam

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, I was wondering, too. Glad you're OK.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Hi Cognac, glad to hear you and the kids are ok.
  • flipper
    flipper

Hey, Cognac, I've been thinking of you. Glad to hear all is well. Not surprised that you are making friends and doing well!

Mrs. F

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Hi Cognac...good to hear from you!!!!!!!!

Mr. Powerful here too....actually call me Trump

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Just listened to the song...wow it's awesome!

I like the anger that comes through the otherwise calm and smooth melody. Somewhat like me on the inside...calm and smooth most of the time....but angry when thinking about some cult related issues.

"Fools", said I, "you do not know!"

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hi Cognac,

Nice to have you pop in to say hello.

Kate xx

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Cognac.

Nice to hear you're doing well.

I'm doing ok.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi Cognac!

so good to hear good news, I love it.

we have good news here in our north Georgia home. Granddaughter killed on upright bass last night in the spring jazz concert at her high school, we are so happy. As well she's ending 10th grade with all A's, and she says not having to worry about religion makes school so much easier. She likes not having to "half-ass" her homework. She's got a movie with her best friends planned this weekend. she will have some good memories of the teen years.

This spring has been the best and prettiest in many years.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit